• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Bun Cooler planning thread

OMoaC

Longest running event in COGDOM. We usually invade this event every year. Meeting up in either Elko NV or Jackpot NV Thurs night to ride into Kamiah on Friday. Greta roads great folks great 4 day ride. Route back up for discussion. Who wants ta?

I am definitely in.  Great roads to, at and from an awesome event in a beautiful place with the bestest people.

Taken on the road to the Bun Cooler 2016
20160601_patsville_thumb.jpg

I would like to go too....though I will need to wait to make a final decision sometime next month. Should I make reservations and I will probably need a roommate. Trying to get some others from SoCal to come!

:motonoises:  :motonoises:  :beerchug:

Ping Jockey said:
Rusty
2 days up, 2 days back .... whatcha thinking...I may be needing some long distance therapy in May  >:D
Cool, we can run interference for you again on Lolo. Down shifting like Rossi. I laughed so hard I almost cried. Get some Russ. Ya know ya wanna.

And they do. Grizzled veterans of the desert run. From 110 degrees to snow on the road with much shivering to be had the SW has done it. Who wants in? So far OMC and Wandering are in. Planning routes continues. Depart Vegas Thursday to either Elko or Jackpot NV/ Elko has a real nice ride into Boise into Kamiah Fri night. Stay and play Sat and head over Lolo to Jackson Hole Sun night and home. Or play around in yellowstone and home Tuesday. What say you SW hordes. The invasion is always fun.

I envy you for having the time off to make this trex, looking forward to seeing you at the BC Mark.

Grant said:
I envy you for having the time off to make this trex, looking forward to seeing you at the BC Mark.
Back at ya Brother. The NW group is what started my enjoyment of this club and sucked me into participation. A finer group does not exist. Well except for the group of motorcyclists with the greatest roads known to human kind, the Great SW.  :) :beerchug: CU in Kamiah!

The ol clock be a tick tick ticking. My Plans so far. Elko Thursday night then Wild Horse canyon into Boise into Kamiah Friday night. Fun and shenanigans and head back south Sunday over Lolo and overnight somewhere around Jackson Hole Wy Sun night then back through CO or UT on Monday. Flaming Gorge? Thoughts ? Suggestions?

Hi Mark, I plan on going..i think Craig and Attila are coming too. I need to make reservations and sign up for Cooler officially. Looks like there is no more rooms at the campground but Terry is staying at the Kamiah Inn I think. Not sure if his sons are coming. I am open to any rides or routes coming up and coming back. May stop on the way back at a friend's house in Meridian for a day or two. Be fun to stay in the Jackson Hole area for a night. Love that area! Flaming Gorge is a great ride too! We are going to ride the Lolo pass right? I am up for anything!

:motonoises:  :motonoises:  :great:

Cool! I'll get lodging set up in Elko. Me and Keith are shacking up in Kamiah. I'll search for lodging in Jackson Hole and Idaho falls. I'm thinking Elk City ride on Sat and then way out on Sunday Lolo into WY and south. The Lewis and Clark/Sacajawea trail to Jackson Hole is a nice ride. Truly historic. Monday night stay over some where and home (Hendo NV) on Tuesday. For the So Cal folks may be another day or 1 long one.

Got a cabin for Craig and I !! Looking forward to the ride!

Rusty said:
Got a cabin for Craig and I !! Looking forward to the ride!

You and Craig  must be in cabin 18? I just scooped up 17 Sat. and 18 was the last one....

The gentleman I talked too said there were two left and I took one of them...but who knows!! Looking forward to traveling to Idaho! Hopefully the weather will cooperate!  :)

Rusty said:
The gentleman I talked too said there were two left and I took one of them...but who knows!! Looking forward to traveling to Idaho! Hopefully the weather will cooperate!  :)
I shall be there to test plumbing.

Ping Jockey said:
OK, registered, guess i'm semi serious. now the ride up, One, two or three days >:D
I'm not gonna run pick for you on Lolo this time. Was funny as heck tho'.

Hi Mark, Bun Cooler is coming up...getting excited!  Right now we are all meeting in Elko, Nevada on Thursday, May 16th. We spend two nights in Kamiah and then are we going to spend Sunday night in Idaho Falls? Are there any motels set up for Elko or Idaho Falls or are we on our own?  :)

Craig are we leaving Wednesday or Thursday?

Rusty said:
Hi Mark, Bun Cooler is coming up...getting excited!  Right now we are all meeting in Elko, Nevada on Thursday, May 16th. We spend two nights in Kamiah and then are we going to spend Sunday night in Idaho Falls? Are there any motels set up for Elko or Idaho Falls or are we on our own?  :)

We have res at comfort inn Elko. Owen is working on Res at the falls. Looking forward to Cing ya'll. Gonna be a great adventure.

So cool you Southwestern guys are coming up to join us looking forward to  seeing you all there.

Old Man on a Connie said:
Rusty said:
Hi Mark, Bun Cooler is coming up...getting excited!  Right now we are all meeting in Elko, Nevada on Thursday, May 16th. We spend two nights in Kamiah and then are we going to spend Sunday night in Falls? Are there any motels set up for Elko or Idaho Falls or are we on our own?  :)

We have res at comfort inn Elko. Owen is working on Res at the falls. Looking forward to Cing ya'll. Gonna be a great adventure.

Hey, OMC what route you guys thinking of ( on the Sunday ride out ) to get to Idaho falls? And do you know were your staying yet? Inquiring minds want to know just in case my test ride this weekend goes well?

Stubby said:
Old Man on a Connie said:
Rusty said:
Hi Mark, Bun Cooler is coming up...getting excited!  Right now we are all meeting in Elko, Nevada on Thursday, May 16th. We spend two nights in Kamiah and then are we going to spend Sunday night in Falls? Are there any motels set up for Elko or Idaho Falls or are we on our own?  :)

Hey, OMC what route you guys thinking of ( on the Sunday ride out ) to get to Idaho falls? And do you know were your staying yet? Inquiring minds want to know just in case my test ride this weekend goes well?
I'd like to run through Sun Valley and maybe pinch Demi Moore on her toukas. Got denied last 2 times due to fires closing the AO. Staying Idaho falls Sun night at a comfort inn. Waiting on Owen to give me the addy. PS saw your other post. Owen has a cabin if'n ya need sleeps. Ya'll are about the same size should be easy peezy.  ;) :beerchug:

So are we staying at The Comfort Inn In Idaho Falls too? Just wanted to make sure before going for a reservation.  :)

Rusty said:
So are we staying at The Comfort Inn In Idaho Falls too? Just wanted to make sure before going for a reservation.  :)

Do believe but need confirmation from Owen

I made it to Kamiah with friends. I've now made it home again.  Epic. In so many ways.