• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Bun Cooler Update

arrowlane

I've been working with the Lewis-Clark Resort on fixing some of the problems we had last year. We have had people register after the meal choice ended and some people who did not make a meal choice when they registered. Our banquet will be in the Pow Wow Room, which is the building where we have done the door prizes in the past. That room is bigger than the Lewis Room, which is attached to the restaurant. The problem is they can't cook everything from the menu in that room. They can only cook burgers.

So here is the deal. They gave us until next Wed. the 11th for us to give them a count for the meals. If you haven't signed up for a meal yet and want to eat the buffet you need to email me and tell me if you want the Ribs or Game Hen. If you don't order one of these then you will have to order some type of burger that night.  Email me at:

jimsher70@gmail.com

Also to fix the problem with the long wait for breakfast they are doing a breakfast buffet also in the Pow Wow Room. The buffet is $10.95. You will have to eat in the regular restaurant if you don't want the buffet. They will have the buffet starting at 7:00 both Sat. and Sun.

Jim_Sherman_ID said:
I've been working with the Lewis-Clark Resort on fixing some of the problems we had last year. We have had people register after the meal choice ended and some people who did not make a meal choice when they registered. Our banquet will be in the Pow Wow Room, which is the building where we have done the door prizes in the past. That room is bigger than the Lewis Room, which is attached to the restaurant. The problem is they can't cook everything from the menu in that room. They can only cook burgers.

So here is the deal. They gave us until next Wed. the 11th for us to give them a count for the meals. If you haven't signed up for a meal yet and want to eat the buffet you need to email me and tell me if you want the Ribs or Game Hen. If you don't order one of these then you will have to order some type of burger that night.  Email me at:

jimsher70@gmail.com

Also to fix the problem with the long wait for breakfast they are doing a breakfast buffet also in the Pow Wow Room. The buffet is $10.95. You will have to eat in the regular restaurant if you don't want the buffet. They will have the buffet starting at 7:00 both Sat. and Sun.  :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :great:

Charlie_Gary_NWAD said:
Also to fix the problem with the long wait for breakfast they are doing a breakfast buffet also in the Pow Wow Room. The buffet is $10.95. You will have to eat in the regular restaurant if you don't want the buffet. They will have the buffet starting at 7:00 both Sat. and Sun.  :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :great:
[/quote]

Gee Charlie -- are you excited about the long wait for Breakfasts????  Silly Boy  :D :bravo_2:

:celebrate: :smiley_confused1: :smiley_confused1:

Tigger said:
Charlie_Gary_NWAD said:

Gee Charlie -- are you excited about the long wait for Breakfasts????  Silly Boy  :D :bravo_2:

[/quote]

The long wait actually works in my favor.  I take a pill every morning that requires me to wait an hour after taking it before I can eat breakfast, so it all works out for me.

Wow the Buffet breakfast thing is great! Thanks Jim for working with the L&C people to make things smoother  :beerchug:

Charlie_Gary_NWAD said:
Tigger said:
Charlie_Gary_NWAD said:

The long wait actually works in my favor.  I take a pill every morning that requires me to wait an hour after taking it before I can eat breakfast, so it all works out for me.
[/quote]

Somebody might have to get up a little earlier to take his pill. I take one which requires me to eat pretty much right away. I really hate getting old. And yes good job Jim for getting them ready for the hoards.  :great:

I've been in contact with the Elk City Cafe & Saloon. They said they have had motorcycles come up through the slide area with no problem. They are really looking forward to seeing us because they lost so much business while the road was closed.

Jim_Sherman_ID said:
I've been in contact with the Elk City Cafe & Saloon. They said they have had motorcycles come up through the slide area with no problem. They are really looking forward to seeing us because they lost so much business while the road was closed.

I bet. Good people too.

Did a final/official event rate ever get negotiated for lodging at the Lewis/Clark hotel?  I made my initial deposit before anything was locked in and then updated with them later, but I'm not sure if an official event rate was ever determined.  My deposit shows they've already charged me $67.93 ... is that about right?

Braz said:
Did a final/official event rate ever get negotiated for lodging at the Lewis/Clark hotel?  I made my initial deposit before anything was locked in and then updated with them later, but I'm not sure if an official event rate was ever determined.  My deposit shows they've already charged me $67.93 ... is that about right?
[/quote

I'm not sure about the rate because they have single rooms, double rooms, and different cabins. Kerry has been really good to work with so just check with her when you check it and she will make sure it is right.

If the attendance record was 62, I see we broke it. 63 at last check! Woo Hoo  :beerchug:
I have an extra bed available if you can stand a snoring, gassy, talks in his sleep asshat  ;D

CBX-Bob said:
If the attendance record was 62, I see we broke it. 63 at last check! Woo Hoo  :beerchug:
I have an extra bed available if you can stand a snoring, gassy, talks in his sleep asshat  ;D

You talk in your sleep?  HA!  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

You talk in your sleep?  HA!  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Yes Bob,  I'm told I argue politic's and religion  :nananana:

Posting this here as well...

Does anyone have info on planned/suggested rides in the area?

Last time I went we went out to Elk City (AWESOME- Better than HWY 12), from their we went on a circuitous route looping back into Kamiah, but I don't recall the way.

Trying to get GPS programmed with the various options...

Lone-Rider said:
Posting this here as well...

Does anyone have info on planned/suggested rides in the area?

Last time I went we went out to Elk City (AWESOME- Better than HWY 12), from their we went on a circuitous route looping back into Kamiah, but I don't recall the way.

Trying to get GPS programmed with the various options...

We have maps and instructions for a number of rides. They will be at the registration table. We don't have GPS tracks because you tech guys need to learn how to read a map.

Jim_Sherman_ID said:
We have maps and instructions for a number of rides. They will be at the registration table. We don't have GPS tracks because you tech guys need to learn how to read a map.

Sorry I forgot just how old and set in your ways are, finally put up your sextant and went to maps huh?  :D

Jim_Sherman_ID said:
I've been in contact with the Elk City Cafe & Saloon. They said they have had motorcycles come up through the slide area with no problem.
They are really looking forward to seeing us because they lost so much business while the road was closed.

This from two years ago BC ride to that Elk City Saloon. 
Their BLT and fries basket ...  So big that I didn't finish it.
June22014068_zps518b42b8.jpg