• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Bunk a Biker

kzz1king

Any one hear ever participated ad a host or guest? Joined up on FB and have been checking it out. I love to stay in a tent at least a few nights on a trip but never like to be at a certain place at a specific time hence reservations don't work that well for campgrounds. Might try it next summer.

Never tried that app.

But, if you go to the COG Member Directory: https://concours.org/memberdirectory

One of the items in every members profile is the statement:
"I can provide bedroll/tent space to members when traveling" followed by a yes or no

You can search the member directory using that field, and say, State - and find other COGgers who will give you a place to sleep.

(also includes conversation and tech help options)

This information is all available in the printed Member Directory also. That's why many of us carry that helpful little book in our bags.

Just another option

Never tried that app.

But, if you go to the COG Member Directory: https://concours.org/memberdirectory

One of the items in every members profile is the statement:
"I can provide bedroll/tent space to members when traveling" followed by a yes or no

You can search the member directory using that field, and say, State - and find other COGgers who will give you a place to sleep.

(also includes conversation and tech help options)

This information is all available in the printed Member Directory also. That's why many of us carry that helpful little book in our bags.

Just another option
It is a great option. Just not many members in the areas I ride .

There was an organization called the Motorcycle Travel Network that offered similar services. I used it 3 or 4 times with good results. It seems to have significantly declined to the point of disappearance now .😕

I have had a number of different COG members stay at my house. The wife says they are all welcome back.

In today's health situation, I would probably not bunk someone I didn't know.

Last edited:
I have had a number of different COG members stay at my house. The wife says they are all welcome back.

In today's health situation, I would probably not bunk someone I didn't know.
Many of them have camping spots. I would not be comfortable in someone else's home but would welcome a piece of turf and a tree 🙂

I have not heard of the app, but I have a COG membership. I have hosted many travelers for tent and bunk space. If you have a circus tent, I have room for it.

If you would like to offer a bed or a spot in your yard for a tent to fellow coggers, you can set that fact in your COG User profile.

https://concours.org/Sys/Profile

Once there click Edit Profile
Scroll down to MEMBERSHIP HANDBOOK
There you can check YES next to the statement, "I can provide bedroll/tent space to members when traveling"

"Join for the bike, stay for the people"

Coggers are a good bunch

If you would like to offer a bed or a spot in your yard for a tent to fellow coggers, you can set that fact in your COG User profile.

https://concours.org/Sys/Profile

Once there click Edit Profile
Scroll down to MEMBERSHIP HANDBOOK
There you can check YES next to the statement, "I can provide bedroll/tent space to members when traveling"

"Join for the bike, stay for the people"

Coggers are a good bunch
Yep, aware of that. Thank you.
Reason I brought this to anyone's attention is it adds a lot more options. Especially for those those who live and travel to areas that are a bit sparse on COG members.