• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Bushtec Hitch kit

jmymck

Up for sale is a bushtec hitch kit including ball mount and all mounting hardware.  Brand new unopened. $275 plus shipping to continental US. Unable to upload pics but available on request.
I am located in north central MN.

Here it is.  Got the pic last night so he should still have it.

Attachments

• 0630201821.resized.jpg
    0630201821.resized.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 125
If it doesn't sell at your price, either there is no demand or your price is too high.  If one were to buy from the manufacturer, they will stand behind the product.  You don't have that advantage and that doesn't help you whatsoever.  Items that are priced right don't last long.  Not picking on you but that's how I see it.  Best of luck to you.  Hopefully someone will make you an offer you can't refuse. :great:

Bud said:
If it doesn't sell at your price, either there is no demand or your price is too high.  If one were to buy from the manufacturer, they will stand behind the product.  You don't have that advantage and that doesn't help you whatsoever.  Items that are priced right don't last long.  Not picking on you but that's how I see it.  Best of luck to you.  Hopefully someone will make you an offer you can't refuse. :great:

altho I think your expected price is fair, I have to say that I have this exact hitch installed on my '08 C14, it was substantially more when I purchased it, but the quality of manufacture, and lack of dimensional accuracy for a "simple' install was non existent, it was of very poor dimensional quality, and in effect, I actually had to cut off all the mounting brackets, and re-weld them back on, evenly, and also cut and modify the frame "hard point mounting" where the top bolts attached.. this, if paid for out of pocket, would have cost me an additional $4oo+ and to make it fit, was a virtual p.i.t.a., when contacted about my "displeasure on my purchase", the company insisted the highest standards were followed during manufacture, I supplied photos of what I had to do, and the misalignment of all mounting points of over 1/4" on each one, and their response was "send it back, and we will refund the money we charged you for the unit..", no apology, no further compensation for my time (I'm a mechanical engineer, and did all this work on my own, utilizing my companies professional welding systems, and supplies, and my time.. )

this is what I went thru, to fit this "bolt on hitch"..
http://forum.cog-online.org/accessories-c14/bushtec-trailer-hitch-and-h-f-trailer-redux/msg283586/#msg283586

now, I will say after my tribulations in the install, a few other COG members had purchased the same unit, and had no complaints about it's mounting, or quality....(maybe I just got the bad one of the batch) and as it sits on my bike now, I do like it's construction, just lament I had to "make it work".. 
I would think for $250, with shipping covered, it would be a great deal, but if the buyer has issues as I did, well.. it's hard to say.

I do want to stress tho, as we always Farkle, I found this addition to my bike a real good thing, it opened up a world of hauling stuff, for my wife and I, to cover monstrous miles, happily, carrying whatever we needed.. just one more warning tho;
If the future buyer has already installed rear crash bars... let him know that he surely will need to do more customization than I even did, as the same lower mounting point for the hitch, shares that mounting point of the crash bar assembly.. so just warning.

best of luck with your sale tho.