• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Bygdawg C-14 Tip-Over Bars soon available...

bygdawg

Bicycle
http://www.bygdawg.com/

I will be offering both front and rear tip-over bars for the C-14 and ST-1300. The site price will be $220 for the rears for non COG members, and $200 shipped for COG members (inside the U.S.). These bars will protect your side bags, exhaust, top box, and mirrors in the case of a tip-over. I am also working on a redesign of the front bars for those of you that may prefer something a bit more inconspicuous.

Ride Safe,
Jay H. aka bygdawg

If anyone is interested in a group buy, I might could get them down to $190 or so, if we have 15 or more orders. Like I always tell people, you only need them if you plan to drop your bike. Then again, who plans to drop their bike, right?  :))

I am interested in the back protectors. I would be interested in the front if they are designed like the kawasaki ones available in Europe, but don't cost $5-600.

I emailed him and let him know if he makes them for the ZX14 I will give him advertising on the zx14ninjaforum forums which has a large membership which is growing daily as new owners find out about it on google.

Interested. Would like to see photos of how the front and rear mount. Also if rear passenger ProektD lowering pegs hit the rear bars.

very interested in fronts just waiting for pics and wondering if highway pegs could be fitted.

There is no drilling or cutting required to use these. The rear pegs DO NOT have to be relocated. Both the front and rear mount to existing bolt hole locations. I do not have a complete cost for the fronts as of yet, but I expect that both front and rear together will be somewhere in the $500 range. Hwy. pegs and/or lights can be mounted to the front bars with ease. Thanks for the interest. Keep in mind that the bars will more than pay for themselves the first time they are used. Repeat usage will result in even further savings. ;-)

Just ordered via the Website - what is that actually going to get me? Just the rear bars?  When are the front bars going to be available?

Yes. $220 is just the rear bars. I am still a few weeks out from getting them powder coated. I sent you an email letting you know that I would be happy to refund your money, if you wanted to wait until that time, or just put you on the ship list. As it stands, you would be looking at a late June ship date. Once I complete the front re-design, I will be posting pics. of those as well to let people choose whether they like those better than the ones pictured now. Those ordering rear sets will receive a discount on the front bars.

Ride Safe,
Jay H.

Thanks a lot, Jay, I really appreciate it.  We can take the refund discussion to email, but you can definitely keep me on the list  for reminding once they're available - I'll be wanting both the front and rear bars.  While riding the ACH hard yesterday, I was constantly thinking that I would feel much better about having some crash protection.

Yuri

bygdawg said:
Yes. $220 is just the rear bars. I am still a few weeks out from getting them powder coated. I sent you an email letting you know that I would be happy to refund your money, if you wanted to wait until that time, or just put you on the ship list. As it stands, you would be looking at a late June ship date. Once I complete the front re-design, I will be posting pics. of those as well to let people choose whether they like those better than the ones pictured now. Those ordering rear sets will receive a discount on the front bars.

Ride Safe,
Jay H.

Do the rear tip over bars impair the rear foot pegs?

I just added ProjktD rear peg arms to move the pegs for the wife.

What are your thoughts on just installing the front crash bars on the C14?

I don't see that the rear bars interfere with the passenger room at all. I don't think I'd just go with the front bars alone. I'd be more likely to go with the rear bars alone than the front alone, as a replacement bag will run you around a cool grand, if you have to replace the whole bag. Like I always say, you don't need any protection, until you need it. AT that time, if you don't have it, it's too late. You get what you pay for, and I'd certainly invest in some protection for my $15,000 machine. YMMV

I've got over $25,000 in my ZX14 so far (FULL carbon fiber, ceramic coated Brock's titanium exhaust system, GIVI, C14 2010 seat, custom LSL handlebar configuration, etc.) and its heading to the dark side of $35k soon when I get the Ohlins R/T fork and shock, and Marchesini cast magnesium wheels, and A&A supercharger.

I sure would be happy to be a rolling billboard for you at bike shows etc. if you make them for the ZX14. Remember, the ZX14 and C14 frames are virtually identical, just different brackets.

I just put Barrier Bars on the front, so all I need are the rear bars. They should fit just fine, same bolt hole pattern, same sub-frame used. C14 is just a neutered ZX14.

by..

From your website
I have had good success with crashes up to 35+ mph with them from others who have been involved in accidents with them on.

Got any pictures of post 35 mph crashes? I'm not sure what good results would look like  8)

Murph
COG 2769
Industry Member

i want a set of both front and rear myself... money is tight right now, but i definitely want a set. lookin forward to compairing yours with the MCinterprises set and cost comparison.

Just got back from Alaska guys. I will get caught up on all of my work and update as soon as I do. As for the pictures and the 35mph comments, those are for the rear bars I make for the ST 1300. And yes, you can find tons of photos over at www.st-owners.com to go along with those actual testimonials from members over there.

Ride Safe,
bygdawg

I will buy a pair of the rear ones, for my ZX14, and even if my machinist has to modify them (unlikely to be major, C14 uses ZX14 frame) I'll get them installed.

Update: Production design is complete. I'm still hashing it out with the welders over some of the production cost. I'm currently in the process of moving my site www.bygdawg.com over to another server. Stay tuned.

Jay,
You know I want the rear bars.  I can testify for the GREAT bars you made that were on my ol' ST1300!!
Thanks,
Ralph

Will these be hidden until your bike starts to tip, then at the last minute pop out and save the day? Just wondering, hard to tell with no pics.

When you have the final package and price for COG members please PM me and I'll have a look. I am looking for something like this.
Dave

Code:
If i purchase the connie I am considering, which I will know soon, I would be interested in frt and rear. thanks Jay

Doug/ Jammaman

I don't mean to resurrect an old thread but it seems as though Bygdawg is gone. If anyone is still looking for protection for the Concours, you may want to check out our Canyon Cage and Saddle Bag Guards if you haven't already. The Canyon Cage is $275 for the 2008-2009 and $300 for the 2010-2013. The Saddle Bag Guards are $175 for both models. If any of you have any questions regarding these products, don't hesitate to PM, email me, or call me direct at the office!

MCEnterprises said:
I don't mean to resurrect an old thread but it seems as though Bygdawg is gone. If anyone is still looking for protection for the Concours, you may want to check out our Canyon Cage and Saddle Bag Guards if you haven't already. The Canyon Cage is $275 for the 2008-2009 and $300 for the 2010-2013. The Saddle Bag Guards are $175 for both models. If any of you have any questions regarding these products, don't hesitate to PM, email me, or call me direct at the office!

Love my canyon cages!!!!  :great:

Roger M. said:
MCEnterprises said:

Roger that! MCE knocked this product out of the park. Super strong, looks good, not all that expensive, beats low slde slides.  :motonoises:

Roger M. said:

JR said:
Roger that! MCE knocked this product out of the park. Super strong, looks good, not all that expensive, beats low slde slides.  :motonoises:

I appreciate the kind words, guys! I'm glad you're both happy with the product. They really did turn out awesome and we couldn't have done it without all the great input we received from the Concours community!  :beerchug:

Just a thought. It might be better to move this discussion back to the MCE thread where it will get proper attention.

After much deliberation, I have decided that it is just economically unfeasible for me to be able to offer the bars for the Concours. I thank you all for your interest. I just can't produce them at a pricing point that I feel is fair without sending the work overseas to China. If I can't build it in the USA, I'm not going to build it.

bygdawg said:
http://www.bygdawg.com/

I will be offering both front and rear tip-over bars for the C-14 and ST-1300. The site price will be $220 for the rears for non COG members, and $200 shipped for COG members (inside the U.S.). These bars will protect your side bags, exhaust, top box, and mirrors in the case of a tip-over. I am also working on a redesign of the front bars for those of you that may prefer something a bit more inconspicuous.

Ride Safe,
Jay H. aka bygdawg
Hi let me know. I have R&T racing front bars - need some rears