• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

C-14 Front Springs

IBAJIM

Can anyone tell me if the C-14 OEM front springs are straight wound or progressive wound ?  Anyone got a pic of them ?

Thanks.

IBAJIM said:
Can anyone tell me if the C-14 OEM front springs are straight wound or progressive wound ?  Anyone got a pic of them ?

Thanks.

I've not pulled mine apart, but I di go look a bit on E-bay, and saw a couple pairs of fork guts... they don't appear to be progressive windings, pretty much even coil spaces top to bottom on the ones I did see...  the Traxions look about the same also...

Thanks Guys.

MOB - Smart move !!

I have a set of RaceTech compression & rebound Gold Valves that I will be installing over the winter.

For my weight, RaceTech recommends springs with a spring rate of 1.42 Kg/mm , but they don't sell a set that stiff.  RaceTech says the the OEM rate is 1.2 Kg/mm.

They say to call them about that.  I'll give them a call tomorrow,  but I can't think of what they will tell me.

IBAJIM said:
Thanks Guys.

MOB - Smart move !!

I have a set of RaceTech compression & rebound Gold Valves that I will be installing over the winter.

For my weight, RaceTech recommends springs with a spring rate of 1.42 Kg/mm , but they don't sell a set that stiff.  RaceTech says the the OEM rate is 1.2 Kg/mm.

They say to call them about that.  I'll give them a call tomorrow,  but I can't think of what they will tell me.
Bump, what did they say? I just went ahead and ordered/installed the 1.20s they had.