• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

C-14 Radiator Gaurd

nickrides

Hi Gents
Where can I find a radiator guard for my 2014 C-14?

And a Fender extender?
Sounds like cheap insurance too me
Thanks in advance!

The only time that logo can be seen is when you're on the ground ( you not the bike) working around the front end.

No, the Logo doesn't come off.
Very difficult to see, almost invisible.
No one has ever mentioned it to me and I've had it on the bike for years.

"Arashi Racing" is a pretty famous race team in other parts of the World. :motonoises:
I have no problem having their Team Logo on the bike..
      ie; It gives me an extra 2 HP..  <sly grin> :great:

Ride safe, Ted

PS: Unlike Cox/etc, this Guard has rubber standoffs {seen as blue dots in the add}.
      They hold the guard away from the radiator for additional protection. {and it cost only $27  :great:}
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Arashi-Radiator-Grille-Cover-Guard-Screen-For-07-16-KAWASAKI-GTR1400-Concours-14/352240487217?fits=Model%3AConcours+14%7CMake%3AKawasaki&epid=10007590045&hash=item52032b4b31:g:39cAAOSw4T5XHfrM

I purchased a guard from Projekt D, but it was more than $26. A couple of different metal logo options too (like GTR 1400, etc.).

I made one out of powder coated expanded metal from the garbage at work, cost 0.00. Made a cardboard template and skinny wheel, so there was some cost I guess.

ZXtasy said:
I made one out of powder coated expanded metal from the garbage at work, cost 0.00. Made a cardboard template and skinny wheel, so there was some cost I guess.

that's my kind of spirit... I like that....
:great: :great: :great: :great: :great: :great: :beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug:

we actually used that material where I worked, to cover the internal areas over the punched louvers in our large enclosures, to make them "vermin proof".. I wish I would have grabbed some before I stopped working there...

I like the one Ted noted tho, for the $... I bought some "paint roller" screens years ago, to make some, but I have no idea where I put them...
I wish I could also find the picture I took of a fellows ZX1400, with that COX mega $$$ screen, showing a kicked up 1/2" x 3" long bolt, sticking thru it, and the screen... he was very unhappy...  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

connie_rider said:

I also purchased this guard, I was not so fortunate with the fit. Mine was horrible, None of the mounting points aligned properly, but I made it work. I found the rubber bumpers that position the guard off the radiator useless and kept falling out of the screen. When replaced several times the rubber nubs that fit in the screen were cut by the sharp screen and fell out for good. I also overcame this with high temperature 1/8" rubber strips fastened between the radiator and the guard. Mine was a lesson in patience which worked out okay and looks good. I feel better about the protection coupled with the Fenda Extenda. If I had it to do again, I would spend more and get one that fit properly.

Tundra has a valid point.
          I "did" have to do some work to make mine fit as I wanted.
          I'm not pushing this as perfect. Just a cheaper option that works fine.
          I like to tinker and the work to make it fit, didn't bother me. {and saving $75 appealed}
            If you want a direct bolt on, this may not be for you.

Work involved;
  Mine was delivered flat.
      I formed the curvature around the O.D. of a tire.
      {I assumed "all" the guards are delivered flat?}
  The 3 mounting points were not exact.
      I had to tweak them a bit. {and I think I made 1 bigger}.
  I had no problems with the blue standoff's. But that is a possibility.
      NOTE: I just looked at mine. All the rubber standoffs are still in place.

Ride safe, Ted

I ordered mine from projektd dot com

Stainless steel. Lips at the top, perfectly lined up bolt hole at the bottom and rubber on the perimeter to keep it from rubbing through the rad.

99 bucks US.

So simple to install that a monkey could do it.

otter said:
I ordered mine from projektd dot com

Stainless steel. Lips at the top, perfectly lined up bolt hole at the bottom and rubber on the perimeter to keep it from rubbing through the rad.

99 bucks US.

So simple to install that a monkey could do it.
Yep; excellent choice. I did the same early in year after having a leak caused by something (rock?) cause a slight but damaging hole to my radiator. If you need to, you can use extra large alligator clips (from school supply) to hold the guard closer to the radiator. Once in place, I removed the metal handles that you use to open and close the clip. Work like a champ!

I bought a ABS plastic extender from a guy in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. I'm in Calgary just south of there. You can glue or bolt it on(I glued) and am very very happy with the protection.

Attachments

• IMG_0849 (2).JPG
    IMG_0849 (2).JPG
    98.5 KB · Views: 96
Markybarky said:
I bought a ABS plastic extender from a guy in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. I'm in Calgary just south of there. You can glue or bolt it on(I glued) and am very very happy with the protection.

That would be Larry, the Blue One. He's an industry member.

The fender Extender helps prevent rocks being thrown up by the front tire.
But it does not protect the radiator from rocks that are thrown up by another bike or car.

Buddy had the Extender and still got a rock into the upper section of his radiator.  :'(

Ride safe, Ted

connie_rider said:
The fender Extender helps prevent rocks being thrown up by the front tire.
But it does not protect the radiator from rocks that are thrown up by another bike or car.

Buddy had the Extender and still got a high rock thru his radiator.  :'(

Ride safe, Ted

Exactly. I opted for the radiator guard over the fender extender. I could have put the fender extender on, but believe it would be overkill iMO...but that's me