• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

C-14 VVT youtube video

nickrides

Steve
I saw your video you and your daughter produced on the C-14 VVT Module that attaches to the cam.
A couple of questions:
If that comes loose via the pin failing, will the bike still run?
Do they come loose very often?
Best
Regards
Nick

Nickrides said:
Steve
I saw your video you and your daughter produced on the C-14 VVT Module that attaches to the cam.
A couple of questions:
If that comes loose via the pin failing, will the bike still run?
Do they come loose very often?
Best
Regards
Nick

That bike wouldn't run. it belonged to a member here. I don't know of another failure like that, but if one fails another could fail. I also suspect the bolt loosing tension could also cause the same failure.  There is another pin that could also fail, but I think the higher likelihood of causing a problem is in overloading the timing chain by multiplying high rpm and the mass of the actuator (module) to many times..Steve

Steve
Let me rephrase my question..
If I was riding , my bike down the road, and the pin that holds The VVT actuator do hickey, were to fail, would the bike continue to run, at some ride able level?
Or is it going to shut off?
I'm NOT a high rev rider, just curious.
Best Regards
Nick

it won't run. if the intake cam spins out of time, the bike is going to shut off. Personally I wouldn't worry about it unless you have the rev limiter set over the stock 10,000 rpm (looks like 10,500 on the tach) and you're bouncing the needle off the limiter a lot. Steve