• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

C10/C14 rear shock spacer help please:)

Smokeyjoe

Howdy all,
I'm ready to mount the 2012 C14 shock to my 2002 C10...has anyone found the magic spacer for the bottom? If I need to fabricate one, what type of stock would be perf? Thanks in advance:)
Jack

Thanks, but I would then need to hog out one side of the C24. Wasn't sure I would have enough meat. 20210506_201139.jpg

You're using the bolt to make a spacer that fits between. Cut the threads off. Cut off the head. Drill a hole through the middle. IIRC it has to be 30 mm long. If not, someone will correct me. Where's Ted when I need him?

Go slow, use sharp drill bit, lots of cutting oil when drilling the oil way in bolt head to 10mm.. Better still use a lath or machinist. Nice mod. Good luck.