• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

C10 GVWR, anyone know?

tdbru

a search through the owners manual and service manual only revealed claimed dry weight and curb weight. Does anyone know what the max load rating on each axle or total bike would be? i didn't see any sticker that had GVWR or anything like that on the bike either.
thanks,
-tdbru

In 1993 Cycle World did a big sport tourer shootout and they measured the C10 @ 676 lbs with a full tank.

I believe the 1995 and newer machines weigh 685 lbs with a full tank.

I believe the question is what is the maximum amount of load for the c10... rider(s) and gear.

From my own personal experience, i wrihhted 220 and my wife was 140 with 20lbs of clothes and make up on 1 weekend trip. And alone ive had 100 lbs of camping gear in the bags, truck nd strapped to the seat on more then 1 occasion.

Just have to remember to add air to the rear shock.....

yeah, i may start riding two up, depends if the girlfriend can handle it. I talked her into a MSF course (Team Oregon) and she wiped out on the little bike she was trying to learn with 3x the first day and didn't go back for the 2nd day. it was painful to watch. So instead of maybe having a riding partner where we're riding two steeds, if she even ever wants to ride anymore, it'll be both of us on the C10. Perhaps a good reason for me to get in better shape and lose 30lbs. but i was wondering between her and I in our riding gear, and a loaded top case and the two side cases being full, and a loaded tank bag, and full tank of fuel, where is the line were i'm overloading the wheel bearings? Curious minds need to know....
thanks,
-tdbru

Searching the web, i found info that says passengers and gear at 373 lbs...

Twice a year id ride close to that for a week at a time with going to the nationl rally and then tje guys 7-10 day 'wild hogs' ride...

I replaced my wheels bearing as a precautionary measure at 65k. They were still good, but i error'ed on the side of caution

400# Combined wife and myself dressed up + both bags with 10-12# / EA, pump up the air shock to 45-ish and never a problemā€¦. Unsure the actual GVWR.

It's a pack horse for sure .As said just be sure to air up the rear shock but no more than 50lbs .

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1518271229554.jpg
    FB_IMG_1518271229554.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 95
We have taken long trips very close to the maximum (I had heard it was 440 pounds). The bike is capable and handling isn't affected other than raising the center of gravity. The weak link is the rear tire. We have spoiled two rear tires on these trips - they were still ridable but both developed a wobble. It's hard to precisely determine the weight on each tire but I suspect the rear tire bears at least 60% of the load. Motorcycle tires have load capacities on the sidewall.

I'm quite sure the weight limit is 440 pounds. I remember it because the limit for my 2002 Honda GL1800 Goldwing was 410šŸ˜³.