• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

C10 Open Tire List Working?

mrandol

Dan **** is emailing me, telling me the tire list isn't editable?

What tire list you ask? 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1SxooyUn528Qt6sjTG6FDpW_vuQDKH44ky_2_JABvQXU/edit?usp=sharing&authkey=CL-gx9gK

I believe this list started with me making a list of tires available.  I got 'tired' of keeping it up, so I published it on Google Docs and put it all on you guys. :) 

I can get at the list and edit it with just the link.  No login required.  I've also tried from computers I've never logged into with that parent Google account, so I'm really puzzled why for Dan it's not working.

If you guys can or can't get to it, let me know below.  I've updated my account to an email I watch, so I should see replies <fingers crossed>

Thanks,

I just edited cell A-95 to read "Checking to see if I can edit."  If anyone else can see that, I guess it's working for me. 

I also see it. 

I'll tell the guy it's working fine for everyone else.  Must be on his end somehow.

Thanks guys for independently giving it a look.

I can tell it's working since a couple edits have happened.  That's what it's there for.  Thanks!

While I was checking it today, I made a couple changes.  Twas just a little clean up, and an update of the Avon section.  I haven't kept up with the forum for quite awhile, so if the changes are incorrect or incomplete, feel free to clean it up. 

Thanks for keeping up our C10 Tire & Wheel List.  (link at the top)

I'm seeing most / all of the edits being done by 'anonymous'.  Maybe you have to be not logged into Google for it to work?  I'm just guessing.  I'll look at the permissions again, but they shouldn't have changed from 'Anyone with the link' being able to view &/or edit.

mdr said:
I'm seeing most / all of the edits being done by 'anonymous'.  Maybe you have to be not logged into Google for it to work?  I'm just guessing.  I'll look at the permissions again, but they shouldn't have changed from 'Anyone with the link' being able to view &/or edit.

I've tried opening it both ways with no luck. I wanted to add a tire recommendation.

This is what I see checking the permissions.  (see if I can insert an image)

Edit: Didn't show in the message, but the attachment shows.  It looks ok to me.  This is from an account other than the one I created it with, so that seems ok too.  I checked the Google Help to make sure I understand how it's *supposed* to work.  No surprises.  There was one other guy who told me he couldn't get at it.  At the time (see above) some other folks were able to.  I wonder if Google has a Geo Lock on it or something else weird.

Edit2: Checked your location - Texas.  Unless you're using a VPN or you want to add something while vacationing in Australia or something. :)  I'll 'Google' the problem and see if someone else has seen it and figured out what's up.  Stay Tuned...

Edit3: I see a couple mentions of taking the document Private, then resharing it can fix the problem.  Might be since the thing's been up there so long one of Google's updates broke the permissions.  I'll try that now.  Should be done by 20:05 US CDT.

Edit4: Just tried the suggested dance steps.  It should be public again.  Let me know.  There's one other thing I can try - opening it to the internet.  I'd prefer to keep it amongst 'us girls', but if it has to be to work...  Also try erasing your browser cache and cookies, if you haven't already.  Thanks for the patience.

Attachments

• C10TireListPermissions20171014.PNG
    C10TireListPermissions20171014.PNG
    19.4 KB · Views: 119
I was going to change the link up top, but it won't let me edit it (pre-login changes??).  Anyway, if the link changed moving it private then public again, here it is.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1SxooyUn528Qt6sjTG6FDpW_vuQDKH44ky_2_JABvQXU/edit?usp=sharing

Edit: I see the 'auth-key' thing at the end didn't copy out from Google this time.  I wonder if that was the problem?  I wonder why it only was for some and not others?  If it works, meh.  <fingers crossed>

Final Edit: I see someone got on and deleted my 'Delete Me!' cells, so it appears to be working now.  If you still have problems, reply here and the system will email me.

Well that was a mess. I hadn't looked at the tire list for awhile. It got corrupted. It looks like someone tried sorting it, and it wasn't really setup for that. Now it is, sorta.

I added the tire manufacturer as a separate column so you can sort or filter by manufacturer. In fact, you can filter by tire size or any other column. Please remove the filters when you are done so it doesn't confuse the next person. :)

I also protected the top and bottom of the list, so if someone does sort the entire sheet again, hopefully it's smart enough not to touch those now. It's the only place on the sheet that is not accessible by you guys, so if you have something to add go for it! Click here to get there. If you don't trust weird links on the internet, good on you! Here's the full URL, again.

Let me know what you think, or if you have suggestions. It's all y'alls list. I just sweep up every so often. I'll check if the settings here now allow me to get emails from forum replies or PMs and make sure those are turned on.

Enjoy your tire arguments discussions!