• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

C10 upper fairing side pocket covers

Mrhyde

Hi Guys,
I am hoping to fab some new covers for my 86 C10 side pockets. I can’t seem to locate the correct size snaps. I measured the male portion and come up with 0.25”/6.5 mm. I only need the female portion for my new covers. Everything that I’ve found is too large in diameter. Anybody locate these parts?
Thanks!

Might be possible to get them at an auto upholstery shop.
Or, replace both the upper and the lower pieces.
Or, someone might have a set.. Post in the parts section and ask..

Ride safe, Ted

Remove the part of the snap around the fairing pocket and replace the complete snap with something that is available.
Yes, that seems to be the logical fix. I always try to maintain the “standard”, if it works, makes it easier down the road when more parts are needed, but in this case, the “standard” is dead.

I tried, they said that size snap is not available.
You might try reaching out to a company called Hopnel. Hopnel used to make a product called Add-a-Pocket for the '86-'93 Concours that snapped in place of the standard pocket cover (https://www.motorcycleid.com/hopnel/add-a-pocket.html). They have long since removed the Add-a-Pocket for the Concours from their catalog, but perhaps they could still source you the snaps.