• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

C14 interstate shipping

Hawk600

Hello,
I am looking for the best option to ship my C14 from Boston to Orlando. Any good companies out there?
I checked a couple and getting around $700 cost. I know, I should ride it instead ;) however I won't be able to do this at this time.
My CX-5 doesn't have a trailer hitch and I did not want mess up with adapters.
Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
My sons CX5 took a hidden hitch, and we put it on ourselves for $150 total.
U haul rents a nice small open trailer with a wheel choke built in. I just used one for my C14,
when I went to Corbin to have a seat made. $180 and I had it for 4 days.
You may still want to spend the extra $400, to not mess with it,
but you can do it yourself for 1/2 the price.

Hawk
A quick search came up with 3 reputable company's:
Federal
haulbikes.com
uShip
Nick
2014 C-14
I've used USHIP a couple of times for heavy machinery [pipe benders, 100 ton hyd. press] and tried to use them to ship an auto from UT, to Florida. You sign up for an account and then put in what you want to ship and where to. Then you will start to get "bids" on the job. Lots of the bids will be from commercial brokers who, if hired, will then try to find a trucker to actually do the job. My advice, stay away from them! Hopefully you will find an independent owner/operator who makes trips up and down the east coast using his own equipment [diesel pick-up and large flat bed trailer] who hauls small tractors, smaller equipment, etc. and he will have room for your bike. These are the guys you want to use. You pay USHIP and when your bike arrives you release the funds so both parties are protected. This worked out well for us several times. The purposed auto carry from UT to Florida was a bust as it would have required an eastward bound trip and then a southbound one. Couldn't find anyway to do that one. Even the brokers couldn't set it up.

Seem like a member used USHIP a few years ago to ship his and another's motorcycles out to Colorado to ride the Rockies. Not far from the KS/CO border the USHIP driver managed to hit another vehicle with the trailer. As I recall the members C14 did not fair well. I do not know if was ever resolved.

BTW, I was headed to Denver on I 70 and came across the accident. I saw a at least 1 C14 off the trailer. I did not know a COG member's C14 was involved.

Many years ago in another life time I rented a U-Haul enclosed trailer to haul a then fairly new 1974 Z1 900 from Yuma, AZ to Jacksonville, FL without incident.

Last edited:
Seem like a member used USHIP a few years ago to ship his and another's motorcycles out to Colorado to ride the Rockies. Not far from the KS/CO border the USHIP driver managed to hit another vehicle with the trailer. As I recall the members C14 did not fair well. I do not know if was ever resolved.

BTW, I was headed to Denver on I 70 and came across the accident. I saw a at least 1 C14 off the trailer. I did not know a COG member's C14 was involved.

Many years ago in another life time I rented a U-Haul enclosed trailer to haul a then fairly new 1974 Z1 900 from Yuma, AZ to Jacksonville, FL without incident.
That was Matt and a friend of his.

There is a show on T.V. I've watched a few times out of boredom, it's called Shipping Wars. Watch it a couple times & you'll run very fast from uship, it's based on the company uship. Surprising they would even allow the show because I don't why anybody would use them after watching it, they must make more off the show.

I was at my neighbors used bike dealership once & a bike was being picked up to be hauled to FL. It was a uship hauler, they had just had a 16' open trailer behind their pickup. He asked them to load it for him because he had never been on a bike, they had a 2" x 10" board for a ramp & my neighbor refused. There was 2 of them so they did manage to push it up on the trailer & tie it down. The ramp doubled as their tailgate on the trailer, it had hauling & ph # written across it with what appeared to be a marker done by a 5 year old.

To make matters worse they wrapped the bike in one of those cheap blue tarps. I don't remember what kind of bike it was but it a large windshield on it. I often wondered what that windshield looked like upon arrival, not to mention how chaffed the paint was bound to be with that tarp flapping in the wind. I wish I had taken a picture, it was pretty comical to say the least.

I sold a bike years ago that went to NC, the buyer hired Haul Bikes & they were very professional. They specialize in bikes & the driver was a rider, hauled his bike everywhere he went. Based on this experience I would go with Haul Bikes if I needed to haul a bike.