• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

C14 - New BT023 tires, anyone any experience?

Is this still actual? I have a C14 from 2010 (blue) and have now over 13.000 km / 8000 miles but the OEM's are still looking en feeling good (a bit less on older asphalte). I had with my PanAmerican ST1100 also BT021 and they could last up to 12.500 miles / 20.000 km, but I would like to try the new BT023. Anybody information about these or seen some information?

I have the impression that Kawasaki-dealers win less in percentage with Batlax than they get with the Pilot Roads...

Not sure what to expect out of the new 023's mileage wise, but I won't be waiting to find out.  IMHO these are the worst tires  I have ever ridden on, I think polished teflon would have more grip in the rain.

I have 2k miles on my 023's and next week they are coming off for a set of PR2's 

Many people don't realize how bad the Bridgestones are until they put a different set of tires on the bike...

Just my 0.02

I put 7500 miles on the 021s that came with my 09 and really liked them.  I went with the 023's to see how they performed. I now have about 2k on them and think they are decent but really will get the pr2s net time.  They grip in the corners fine but don't give me the road feel that the 021s did.  Other people have nothing but great things to say about the pr2's so I will grab a set over the winter and install them in the spring.  Btw, Motorcycle Superstore is having a sale on them. 

TMK45 said:
<snip>
Other people have nothing but great things to say about the pr2's so I will grab a set over the winter and install them in the spring.  Btw, Motorcycle Superstore is having a sale on them.

Not everyone. A lot of people didn't like them. I removed them just past half life, because I felt they bordered dangerous. I think Michelin has a big quality problem with the PR2. Some people seem to get great tires, while other people get tires that are not good for various reasons!  ;)