• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

C14 shock connector hose?

Mercer

Anyone have beat C14 shock that has a serviceable/salvageable
actuator connector hose?

Mine seems to be cracking
severely at one end. Ozone or uv damage guessing.
Will need replacing in near future.

My shock had 108 thousand on it when I replaced it with an Ohlins, probably not worth anything. I would like ten dollars plus shipping.
The picture of the hose came out a little blurry, I can try again if you want.

Just wondering; when you replace the hose will you worry about hydraulic fluid? I assume we will need to put the preload to full soft to avoid losing fluid when we remove the hose. Or can you find info for replacing fluid?

Attachments

• 2008ConcoursShock.jpg
    2008ConcoursShock.jpg
    172.9 KB · Views: 104
  • 2008ConcoursShockHose.jpg
    2008ConcoursShockHose.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 100
Sent PM and again my Thanks!

Also you asked: "when you replace the hose will you worry about hydraulic fluid? I assume we will need to put the preload to full soft to avoid losing fluid when we remove the hose. Or can you find info for replacing fluid?"

Short answer: The actuator/adjuster is a separate oil circuit from shock. It is not pressurized. You are correct about preload to full soft in procedure. Fred Harmon has instructions on Tech page on how to do this.

Note link: https://forum.concours.org/index.php?threads/my-adjuster-on-my-c14-shock-fails.53772/#post-643748

Thanks for the reply. Was worried oil would spray all over when I disconnected the hose!