• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Cajun Breakfast Meet and Ride. (Canceled) 6-13-13

wolfenstein

Saturday June 15, 2013. Meet at Cafe Desamis 140 East Bridge St Breaux Bridge LA 70517.Be there at 8 AM for breakfast/live music and then a short ride after breakfast through some back roads north of I-10.Meet out front at 8AM. Depart for home around 11AM before the heat of the day hits.Check out the menu at http://cafedesamis.com/  Please register on the calender so I know how many are coming. Thanks.

Sorry I had to cancel. No other members signed up for the meet and ride. I guess the summer heat is keeping everyone down from riding.  :-[ :-[ :-[  If any one is interested in this ride please let me know. I may be able to do this the first Saturday in July on the weekend after the 4 Th of July.  July 6,2013.

Well this is the nut we have to crack here in the SC for some reason.  We have 20 members in the Austin area.  We have canceled a few rides do to no one signing up.  I tried for 5 years to get people that are members to come out and enjoy different events.  We are lucky to get 2% to show.

I think it is because we CAN ride year round.  There is not a built up excitment over the winter season like up north.  Since we can ride any day why ride on a less then perfect day just because there is an event. 

smithr1 said:
Well this is the nut we have to crack here in the SC for some reason.  We have 20 members in the Austin area.  We have canceled a few rides do to no one signing up.  I tried for 5 years to get people that are members to come out and enjoy different events.  We are lucky to get 2% to show.

I think it is because we CAN ride year round.  There is not a built up excitment over the winter season like up north.  Since we can ride any day why ride on a less then perfect day just because there is an event. 

Bob,
I don't know what nut we have to crack either, but your theory is flawed. The SE CAN ride all year also, but they seem to be the most active with large turnouts.
There events normally include camping, big fires, lotsa food & beer. I my self like to camp, eat & drink!

Cliff  :beerchug:

There will be rides up this fall and maybe even a HOTTER THAN HELL RTE in AUGUST for DFW. I personally had a large confluence of work, family, and other volunteer events that have come in the MAY, JUNE, and JULY time frames so my hosting an event has been the odd man out. I am still full time employed (YEA! ;D) and at times am dispatched to major technical challenges anywhere in the US for resolution.

I think a mid to late September RTE to Coopers in Llano would be a great tune up for the Jack's ride WHICH IS ON THE CALENDAR for OCTOBER!!!! The Coopers ride would draw from DFW and Austin/San Antonio. We had one of these in 2007 so there's an idea. From the learning curve for the hill country, you want to make sure you get the ride in before deer season starts and especially if you want to stay overnight.

I really don't want to compare SC to other areas, but the interest for events other than the "Big Three" rallies could improve.

Last of all, it is an optional and volunteer activity so we will get out of it what we put into it. Next time you see an impromptu or listed ride go ahead and join the fun.  :-X There's no controlanistas here in the SC area.....it's about the riding and fellowship IMHO.  :campfire:

Craig