• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Calling Out Tulsa Area Members

dennyd

Howdy all.  I’m Denny and recently moved to the area.  I joined this organization because I want to ride and meet some like-minded people.  However I’ve not seen much if any activity of others in this area who want who get out and ride and do stuff.  Well, I wanna do fun stuff! 

Tulsa has some fun places to eat and drink.  There are some fun roads close by.  Some even greater and way more fun roads just an hour or so away.  So damn, let’s pop that kick stand and get this thing rolling!

Being relatively new to this area, I’m not sure who the audience is and who knows, I may be talking in a dark elevator. So let’s start at the top.

Do we have any members in the Tulsa area interested in getting out and having some fun?

Assuming we do, what would you be interested in doing?  Off the top of my head, I’d like to:
Get a group to meet for breakfast, do a day ride
One night during the week, meet for a burger or pizza
Maybe hook up for coffee at a fun mom n pop coffee shop
Do RTE’s, I’ve heard Meers has a good burger
Host a tech day

Anybody wanna get out and have a giggle or two?  Sound off, let’s saddle up and head out!

careful now or you're going to end up getting invited to be an AAD for the area.  ;)

have you reached out to your AD or AAD?

better yet, are you coming to Helen to the National to meet them?  :)

I'm not really in the Tulsa area, but I was just thinking... If I started doing all that kind of stuff, it would seriously eat in to my forum time! :loco:

Not a COG thing but I have a bunch of people meeting up in Eureka Springs, AR for a little rally August 19-23 not too far from you in Tulsa.
There will be a few Connies, a few ZRX's, and some random other bikes.

DennyD said:
Howdy all.  I’m Denny and recently moved to the area.  I joined this organization because I want to ride and meet some like-minded people.  However I’ve not seen much if any activity of others in this area who want who get out and ride and do stuff.  Well, I wanna do fun stuff! 

Tulsa has some fun places to eat and drink.  There are some fun roads close by.  Some even greater and way more fun roads just an hour or so away.  So damn, let’s pop that kick stand and get this thing rolling!

Being relatively new to this area, I’m not sure who the audience is and who knows, I may be talking in a dark elevator. So let’s start at the top.

Do we have any members in the Tulsa area interested in getting out and having some fun?

Assuming we do, what would you be interested in doing?  Off the top of my head, I’d like to:
Get a group to meet for breakfast, do a day ride
One night during the week, meet for a burger or pizza
Maybe hook up for coffee at a fun mom n pop coffee shop
Do RTE’s, I’ve heard Meers has a good burger
Host a tech day

Anybody wanna get out and have a giggle or two?  Sound off, let’s saddle up and head out!

DennyD,
I live just north in Skiatook and I'm in Tulsa all the time. Any of those ideas you've mentioned would be awesome! I'm in, just say when and where.
I believe there are a couple of other COG guys that live nearby, too.
Another great ride is Talimena Drive, especially when the leaves turn. Beautiful!

I'm just winding up a short vacation. Just got back from a Yamaha XS11 rally in Canon City, Co.
It was awesome! Rode to Bishop's Castle, Pike's Peak, and Monarch Pass was beautiful.
If only we could somehow skip over the flat, hot, boring ride through Kansas and all those smelly feedlots to get there! Lol... Going west through the Ok panhandle isn't any better... but it's worth it when you get there!

Give me a shout. I'll ride with ya! My best friend lives in Jenks, over on Riverside by the Creek turnpike. He rides a nice Valkrye. He knows decent places to ride around here, too and would probably tag along.

We ride to Arkansas a lot, as well.
Oh... and all my XS11 riding buddies drool over my C14 when they see it.... Lol!
Let me know, bro.
Bob