• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Came across a fellow bike rider who had just been hit by a car

What a way to spoil a good ride! At least he was moving but there was a lot of damage to the car.

Thank You for sharing - car / motorcycle is never a win for the motorcyclist.  Unless already cut off I did not see much for personal protective gear.

Related note: Trip to mtns in PA Saturday an unrelated rider in a group went off road at a tight turn.  He was lucky and drove away.  This group I saw: no helmets, no jackets, bare bones gloves, at best sturdy footwear.  Don’t let luck running out on you end your days of riding.

In a positive Joe - your video was much appreciated.  Recently relocated from Minnesota to Eastern Pennsylvania, miss the ready access to wide open landscapes.  There is a joke that birds fly upside down in Iowa as there isn’t anything to doo-doo on, personally I love the region.  Keep the vids coming, what device are you using - good quality.

It serves as a reminder of the risks involved with riding. Complacency has some pretty painful rewards.