• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Can I use automotive valve stems to replace the TPMS ones?

Ogre_fl

I want to pull my TPMs to get new batteries in them, but dont want to take the bike out of service.
Can I uses these to replace them?

51qIW7g1qnL._SL500_AC_SS350_.jpg

I used the irwin clamp method.  Bike was down approximately 5hrs.  Swaping out the batteries isnt that difficult to do.  Follow the thread, pretty certain it lists the batteries to  use and where to get them. They have the connections already on them, but they will require a teeny tiny mod to getthem connected. 

...and it really, REALLY is as easy as they all say!!!
Even I was able to get the batteries replaced and the TPMS re-installed with those BIG ol' clamps!!!
Good luck!
j.m. :)

Ogre, keep in mind you might be changing the balance of the tire/wheel when you swap out the weight of the TPMS for the valve stems your using.  You might want to get yourself a small scale that can read in grams or ounces and weigh one of the valve stems your using first, then when your remove the TPMS check the weight of it.  If it's only off by a 4 grams (just to be safe) or less you should be fine.  Another tip is to make sure you mark the tire position in relation to the wheel, put a line on each so you know the tire is going on in the exact same position.

When mine finally die I and going to use this TPMS setup. Since the C14 stems are rigid this will work. Friend has 2 sets on his bikes, they work really well. Auto on when the unit detects vibration, auto off and the display goes red when it detects low PSI.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=SYKIK+Rider+SRTP300+Wireless+tire+Pressure+Monitoring+System+for+Motorcycles+with+1.5%E2%80%9D+Monitor.+Check+Your+tire+Pressure+While+Riding&i=automotive&ref=nb_sb_noss

SYKIK Rider SRTP300 Wireless tire Pressure Monitoring System for Motorcycles with 1.5” Monitor. Check Your tire Pressure While Riding