• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Canaan-2-Canaan Ride, June 11- 2021 [CT/NY]

This ride is a week from tomorrow. Register using the link above so gMitch knows who to expect. Expect some great roads as gMitch knows some of the best in Litchfield, Dutchess and Colombia Counties. Keeping my fingers crossed as the 10-day forecast is looking promising. I'm working on a 1.5 hour ride from the Waterbury CT area to the meet up spot.

The weather is looking good for the ride tomorrow. Right now only @gMitch and I are registered. Please register by tonight if you plan to meet at the ride start point. Otherwise we may roll out @ 10am.

I'm in. It will be my 1st COG ride so go easy lol. I'm coming from the other corner of the state in Gales ferry, about 2 hours from Canaan.

For future my # is 203-530-9038

I'm in. It will be my 1st COG ride so go easy lol. I'm coming from the other corner of the state in Gales ferry, about 2 hours from Canaan.

For future my # is 203-530-9038
awesome (y) looking forward to meeting you. pls plan on getting there slightly before 10am. If it's just us we may still roll out ASAP after the meetup time.

Ok, we have 4 bikes, 5 of us starting the weekend early! 👍

Weather looks great. ☀️

Looking forward to meeting some new folks (and you too Steve :)).

See you at Macs in the morning.

Mitch

Home safe, thanks for hosting Mitch. I broke away at 57 as it was a bit shorter for me.
Mitch, anytime you wanna ride on a Fri, LMK.
Steve, I took notice how many fingers I grab the levers with, and it's actually 4, 90% of the time :) IDk what I was thinking with 2 or 3.
Al, you ride hard for having a pillion!

What a great day. Perfect weather. Fantastic ride route - I ended up riding a total of 225 miles. Good food. Great COG camaraderie. It was good to see @apassineau and Wendy again, and finally meet @chrismpero. Many thanks to @gMitch for hosting, planning the route and selecting the lunch stop. It was a pleasant surprise - I've passed by many, many times and never had opportunity to stop. @chrismpero - 4 is good (y) Strive for 100% to commit muscle memory :LOL:. After I got home I had to run to the college as a favor and block off the parking lot for weekend BRC. You can find the contact email and info on the hi-viz vest here: http://rocketmanvest.com/

IMG_2751.jpgIMG_2748.jpgIMG_2747.jpg

Last edited:
Home safe, thanks for hosting Mitch. I broke away at 57 as it was a bit shorter for me.
Mitch, anytime you wanna ride on a Fri, LMK.
Steve, I took notice how many fingers I grab the levers with, and it's actually 4, 90% of the time :) IDk what I was thinking with 2 or 3.
Al, you ride hard for having a pillion!
Thanks Chris. Had a great time. Loved the ride, the company, and not a bad place to eat either. 👍

So glad I joined the ride with all of you. It was my first ride with COG members and it was one of the best I have ever gone on. Thanks for the most fun ride I have had in a LONG time, and some fantastic conversation - I learned a lot. I honestly can’t wait to join another in the future!