• Forum Subscribers and COG Members, please be aware of policy changes put into effect due to action of the COG board of directors based on input from members. The new membership system makes it possible to implement these changes.

Forum Subscribers – Forum Subscribers get a six-month limited feature trial forum membership. Forum Subscribers Read the Details Here.

Members – Your full forum access is only in effect while your membership status is active. Members Read the Details Here

• FORUM NAME - If you are a COG Member and your user name does not match your name in the old forum or you just want a new one, you can now change it on your own. Read the Details Here

• *READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * READ ME* READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * If you are a current COG Member or Forum Subscriber and this is your first visit to our new site and forum, please go to www.concour.org and follow the instructions at the top of the page to activate your account and gain access to your site and forum.
  • READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * READ ME* READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

CANCELLED: 2020 SC Wildflower Rally dates

fartymarty

Yeah I won't be showing up either. My after event isolation plan went out the window as I was planning to go out to Big Bend and isolate so as not to bring home anything to my wife, however the Brewster County Judge has ordered that the hotels expel all their guests starting on Monday. I'd have to make it a camping trip and I'd just as soon stay home. Especially from what I'm seeing online most of the folks out their really don't want us showing up and infecting them since their Health care system just isn't set up well enough to take care of them let alone a bunch of out of town infected tourists.

Attachments

• Brewster County order.jpg
    Brewster County order.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 11

satxrider

I checked with the hotel today and they said they will be open this weekend.  Kerr County had a meeting last night and decided not to shut everything down.  There are no known COVID-19 cases in Kerr.  So there will be a few of us still showing up.  Weather looks to be perfect for a change, go figure.

Steve

lovelle

We were able to locate some eggs ( had to sneak up on some unsuspecting wild chickens while they slept ) so Helen is planning to make some rather exotic "Zeburritos" for breakfast Saturday morning for those so inclined.  Looking forward to visiting with all the brave souls who show up.

Lovelle

robert.holder

Bobby Lee
riding has just been superb.  thank you Steve for leading two great riding days    :beerchug: 

you even picked great places to eat    Coopers in Llano on Friday and the Bent Rim in Leakey on Saturday.

weather was great    flowers were awesome. 

hope to figure out how to get some pics on here.  :)

we really missed seeing everyone, but definitely understand 

satxrider

We did miss all the guys from the SC COG group this year.  Weather was very nice and the wildflowers were spectacular.  My biggest concern was finding places to eat lunch, but most restaurants were open and you just placed your order and they brought you the food.  I bet there were over 100 bikes at the Bent Rim restaurant.  Everyone was being respectful and keeping their "social distancing". 

By virtue of us riding motorcycles, we tend to accept a higher level of risk in life.  That might be why we saw so many folks out riding, they were willing keep their lives as normal as possible during these crazy times.

Steve

satxrider

Correct.  The Bent Rim has a huge outdoor sitting area with many tables.  Riders just sat with 6 or so per table.  When ordering, they would only let about 8 people in the area and the gift shop was limited to only 10 people at a time.  So even though lots of folks were out, seems like most were doing a good job of keeping distance from each other.

Put it this way, most of the riders were on Harley's.  They ride with no gear or helmet.  Their odds of getting injured or killed in a bike accident is way higher than Corona getting them.  I'm making a generalization here but that's what it looked like to me.

Steve

lovelle

We got home OK.  Great time with old and new friends.  Awesome rides, the weather conditions could not have been any better.  Missed seeing many old friends but totally understand everyone's concerns' and respect their decisions.  There will be other opportunities to get together and we are looking forward to seeing everyone.

Lovelle

fartymarty

I'm glad some were able to have fun and enjoyed good weather. :great:  :beerchug:

I've signed up for informed delivery from the USPS and I can see that my refund check from the COG Treasurer (Nancy) is going to be in today's mail.
So the rest of you keep your eyes out for your refunds in this weeks mail.

Whether you are riding or touching public door handles, you all please be safe out there.

Thanks, Marty

Amphibsailor

fartymarty said:
I'm glad some were able to have fun and enjoyed good weather. :great:  :beerchug:

I've signed up for informed delivery from the USPS and I can see that my refund check from the COG Treasurer (Nancy) is going to be in today's mail.
So the rest of you keep your eyes out for your refunds in this weeks mail.

Whether you are riding or touching public door handles, you all please be safe out there.

Thanks, Marty

I saw the check in my "informed delivery," as well.  The Riverside Inn refunded me last week.  I would rather have been able to attend, though...