• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Can't access COG through wi-fi

Pbfoot said:
Whenever I try to access COG through my wifi the COG site will not connect.

Sounds like it may be a local issue with your device, or the wireless network you are connecting to is blocking access to the cog URL. This is most likely when using an employers network. 

Using wifi instead of direct connect does not effect a web server from serving up pages. I routinely connect to both the member portal and forum via wifi without issue on mobile devices (phone and tablet) and laptop.

Anyone else experiencing issues connecting to the COG pages?  Which part? The forum or the member portal/calendar?

I was finally able to connect through wifi. A red triangle with an exclamation point is showing saying that the COG site is not secure. Not sure why.

Bad SSL certificate config

WIN 7 Pro
Firefox 57

when I assert https:// on the forum/site.

Gong to the paywall for events, it's OK! :great:

no issues for me, hope I don't jinx myself now... :truce:

using both Acer mini laptop, and Dell laptops, both running Win XP.. and Chrome browser

have to make sure I'm actually connected to my local wifi, at times it self diconnects, like when power outages cause a reboot on my modem... but as noted, as long a I can "see" an connection, I'm golden... :great: :great:

kv5e said:
Bad SSL certificate config

WIN 7 Pro
Firefox 57

when I assert https:// on the forum/site.

Gong to the paywall for events, it's OK! :great:

Not necessary bad SSL cert... it's just a notification that the page being accessed is not using SSL. As noted, the payment gateway is secure.

Login credentials being sent in the clear for the forum and Membership page, then if we aren't SSL on those pages.

kv5e said:
Login credentials being sent in the clear for the forum and Membership page, then if we aren't SSL on those pages.

... Another good reason to for the move away from the current platform provider. Many express concern, few offer support to assist.

I'm really busy with 5G now.......just like you are busy Steve with what ever you are doing. That pays the bills. I am looking forward to the migration and the work that has been done to make that happen. It is appreciated, but this is a hobby for me.

kv5e said:
I'm really busy with 5G now.......just like you are busy Steve with what ever you are doing. That pays the bills. I am looking forward to the migration and the work that has been done to make that happen. It is appreciated, but this is a hobby for me.

Sorry Craig - was not trying to ruffle your feathers. There are ~1500 members and it feels like its always the same volunteers who do the work.

"wild apricots" are rotting in the cellar.. can't even make good moonshine outta them...

somebody needs to make some stellar choices, it's up to you guys ::)
we all trust in you, but progress would be nice.
just food for thought.  :-X

I only know how to press the ON button on my computers...(all 7)
(don't EVEN try to tell me how to turn it off... I know that is coming...)
:-\ :-X :-X :-X :truce: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

hey, keep on keeping on guys, I understand work comes first.... :-X :truce:

S Smith said:
kv5e said:

Sorry Craig - was not trying to ruffle your feathers. There are ~1500 members and it feels like its always the same volunteers who do the work.

NP Steve :great: :beerchug:

I agree on the 90/10 workload......the new environment will happen soon and I am encouraged that it is getting done. :great: