• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Cant get the KTAC light o turn off.

strum

I took my bike to a guy to have the valves done. Everything is perfect but we cant get the KTRC light o toggle on or off .. its always on.
So rather than wait for him to pull a bunch of plastics I decided to come on home with it . Figuring ill work it out.
I know he had the battery out and went through thos connections. Anyone ever have this happen?. its not showing an error .
Just for your info this guy is the only one i would trust around here to do a valve adjust and he is super methodical . Not a shade tree type. showed me pics of every step and didnt take any shortcuts. So that said . Im sure if I had left it with him he would figure it out but being a 2 hour drive I made the decision to come on home.

I believe it is ON by default until turned OFF using the KTRC button for more than one second, but less than 3 seconds.

Are you saying that the KTRC button does not toggle the function?
Did the KTRC wire harness connection come loose? I would first verify the switch is working and that all connectors are connected properly.
There is a startup diagnostic and if it passes, then I would next be checking the switch and connections.

Is the abs light on also? If it is, then their is probably an issue with the front sensor. If not and no errors, that is a strange one.

I am assuming that you have already checked over your wiring harness connectors that where unplugged. A pin could have gotten pushed out when reassembled.

So, the next step is to take the battery connections off and sand them down. If you are sure these are ok, then you may have a weak battery, that needs replacing.

That light should be off upon start up.. off means KTRC is enabled .. and on means its disable (always thought that was weird of kawaski to do)
But yes it is on at start up and will not toggle. I know he took the battery out and tested,charged ,and cleaned connections. ill start there . I hate to have to pull plastics but its looking like thats my next move . No ABS light on and no errors. rode it home all works as it should.. i didn't try to spin the wheel in loose gravel or grass to test .

Last edited:
Mine flashes after startup. Then stays OFF when the bike moves forward.
ABS lite is also steady ON until I start to roll.

Ok guys I found it. He had removed the air valve and installed block off plates. I plugged the valve back in and now the light works as it should. Never thought that would effect the KTRC but it does. Im sure I could have jumped the wire in the terminal but i just zip tied the plugged in valve out of the way . Maybe this will help the next guy out .

Last year I had the same issue and after much trouble shooting it turned out to be an early indicator that my battery was dying. A new battery resolved the problem.

Well i removed the valve as well but i shut it off in ECU reflash, with my Woolich Log box

Reviving an old thread

So I removed my PAIR as well, installed block off plates and the KTRC is on. Battery voltage is good. Cycle the ignition and still on. Besides putting the valve back or jumping the connection with a paper clip what can I do? I've seen Healtech makes a jumper plug as well. I just got it all back together after doing my valve adj and rather not pull it all apart again. Note: I do have a flashed ECU..
UGH..

Chris I believe KTRC stays lit until you move it though right - I believe?

Bike is across the property, can test later, but believe this stays lit until the vehicle is moved a certain amount / establish the sensor calibration etc.?

UPDATE:
Installed jumper on PAIR solenoid connector and no more KTRC lamp. So weird an emmision component is connected to the TC system. FWIW no system had any faults, I just had the KTRC lamp on solid. Hope this could help others in the future. No one likes seeing lights on after a major service.

UPDATE:
Installed jumper on PAIR solenoid connector and no more KTRC lamp. So weird an emmision component is connected to the TC system. FWIW no system had any faults, I just had the KTRC lamp on solid. Hope this could help others in the future. No one likes seeing lights on after a major service.
Thank you Chris! I am having the same issue. I had thought the flashed ECU would solve this but it might have not been checked off (I bought the bike with flash). I will contact Steve since it is time to upgrade the flash! I am hopeful to not have to leave the solenoid in there (it is unplugged now). I will update my findings.