• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Canyon Cages and Highway Pegs Question

viffer_pilot

I installed a set of Canyon Cages today.  The package also had the MCE highway pegs but I think I'm missing some hardware.  I have the split clamps and the pegs but I think there should be a bolt that goes through the clamp and threads into the end of the hinge on the highway pegs.  I'm missing those bolts.  Does anyone have a picture of their pegs installed so I can see exactly what I'm missing?  Otherwise, installation was uneventful.  Threading the support bracket bolts are a pain but not hard...just time consuming.  Wish that they were metric.  It's annoying to have to pull out SAE wrenches to remove the bracket.  Also the rear support bolt does not go to the end of the shouldered nut.  I read in another thread that some people turned down the spacer to expose more threads.  If I do this, how much do I have removed?  I'd have to take the spacer to a machine shop to have it done.  I don't have the necessary tools to get a square shoulder.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Jeff

I think I've got the pegs worked out.  The bolt is a 3/8"-24.  I picked up a couple at the local Home Depot for a grand total of $0.80.  First time I think I've ever gotten out of one of those stores after buying everything I needed and spending less than a dollar!

Still looking for recommendations on the rear engine mount.  How many threads of engagement is enough?  If I get the spacer turned down, how much have others removed?  I'll like to get more thread engagement in the step nut but I don't want to have the canyon cage touch the frame.  Any advice out there?

Thanks.

sorry, I don't have the answer your looking for.... but I do have a question. I've been considering cages and hi way pegs myself. Did you get the pegs with the canyon cage as a package set? would you mind posting a picture of them installed ?

thanks