• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Canyon cages for C10 query?

Mercer

Does the use of Canyon cages facilitate lifting C10 in any way post spill?
If so would one need front and rear or would front only do.
Thx for any reply.
Mercer

I wouldnt thinks so unless ur thinking of a tow truck atraching a strap to it to drag ur bike onto the bed if the rig.

Attempting to use the cages to help lift/right ur bike just isnt smart.tje center of gravity and lufting the bike back knto it wheels require leverage, the further away from wheels the better.

I don't know about Canyon Cages specifically, but the Tip Over bars Murph sells make a big difference in picking the bike up. I've had mine over 3 times. The foot peg acts as a fulcrum when the bike goes over, and, especially with a full fuel tank, it tends to go "over center", so you have to get it back to sort of level and then keep lifting past that. I'd attach a pic of mine lying down in the basement, but I don't know how to do that with the new forum.

Bu they don't usually survive a high-speed crash, mostly for parking-lot type tip-overs.