• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

carbs....

This is the place to get them done right. Steve has done over 500 sets of C10  carbs. He KNOWS C10 Carbs!!  :great:

https://sites.google.com/site/shoodabenengineering/intake-and-exhaust

Some videos that help a lot.

https://sites.google.com/site/shoodabenengineering/video-resources

Thanks everyone.  I had this site tagged, but I wanted recommendation from you guys.  The carbs on my 06 have never been touched, they have almost 50,000 miles, and they spend every Maine winter in an unheated potting shed full of treated fuel.  Low speed metering is not right despite valve adjustment and carb sync.  I would do the work, but I just don't have the time before the season starts.  Again, many thanks.  Clark

Those are excellent reasons to pay someone else to do it.  I know I'm not very predictable when breaking down the bike for when it gets built back up again. 

lulu said:
Thanks everyone.  I had this site tagged, but I wanted recommendation from you guys.  The carbs on my 06 have never been touched, they have almost 50,000 miles, and they spend every Maine winter in an unheated potting shed full of treated fuel.  Low speed metering is not right despite valve adjustment and carb sync.  I would do the work, but I just don't have the time before the season starts.  Again, many thanks.  Clark
When you get them back from Steve you will be amazed at how well the bike runs. If he hasn't seen them before, then you will be in for a real treat! Best the bike has ever run in all likelihood.
Matt

lulu said:

Low speed metering won't be right until the carbs get SISF's 2-Minute mod. Then...you'll be simply amazed.

Nosmo said:
lulu said:

Low speed metering won't be right until the carbs get SISF's 2-Minute mod. Then...you'll be simply amazed.

Yes, from the factory these bike have that stumble in the low rpms.