• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Cee Bailey Ultra Tour Regular and Tall Screens for Sale

gilbysan

Coggers,

Recently, I experienced the "no good deed goes unpunished" phenomena when I was helping a lady friend with her kitchen plumbing and while there she backed into my Connie and damaged enough plastic to get it totaled out, sad to say. The deal is that it has custom paint on it which drove the repair cost way over the value of the bike since it is a 2012.

Anyway, when Cee Bailey stopped making their excellent windscreens for the C14 I went on a buying binge and have ended up with 3 of them which I now want to find good homes for.

Two of them are the standard height Ultra Tour Dome models and one is the Tall version of the same. They are all in excellent shape as you can see from the photos.

The one I have been riding with has a very small rock chip which is less then 1mm in size and not in a place that you would notice. I can't remember what I paid for each of them and if memory serves they retailed at close to $200 when new but don't quote me on that.

Selling for $100 each plus shipping or $250 for all three plus shipping to your zip wrapped up and packed in a sturdy cardboard box.

Let me know if you are interested, the best deal would be to buy all 3 because they all fit nicely in the box and wont get any damage. Please see the attached photos.

Thanks to all!

Gilbysan, aka - Fat NinjaUltra Tour Dome Tall.jpgUltra Tour Dome Standard 1.jpg

Sorry to hear about the loss of your bike Robert. I too loved the paint you put on it. Hope the insurance check was a nice one!

Connie_rider,

Ah, a bit too painful for me. I put so much into Fat Ninja with the paint and all the farkles that to do it again even if I left off the paint part, I don't think I am up for it. I was holding out for a long time to see if Kaw would make an improved model of the C14 with new electronics and stuff, but that became hopeless when they marketed the Ninja1000SX and the H2SXSE as their sport touring offerings.

I broke down and got a 1000SX which is not the same as the Connie but is a bit easier to ride and will work for me. The bike is fun to ride and very quick. The only thing is the wind noise that we do not have on the C14.

Depending on what insurance offers up I will either turn the bike over to them or part it out. The engine and other mechanicals are working perfectly, just the plastic that is the problem and you know how much that stuff can cost to replace. Worse case it will be a really ugly track bike.

Take Care!

Gilbysan, aka - Fat Ninja

Crazy turn of events; sorry to hear about the end point.
I'm using the stock on my 2012, how does the shorter one compare to stock? I'm not too happy with the turbulence behind it in any except low settings - did the Cee Bailey do any better?

Jorge,

Good question! I found that the Cee Bailey was much better than stock even with the models that have the vent in them. My son had a '15 C14 with the vent and I thought it was noisier than the Bailey. My '12 started out with a VStream shield which I felt flexed too much under high speed conditions and it is noticeably thinner that the Bailey, as is the stock model.

I have not experienced any back pressure. I run mine to set just below my eye/sight line since I do not like to look through shields. For me that is setting 3 on the shield lift program. I am 5'9" and this height would push all the air, rain and bugs over and around my helmet netting me a quiet ride with no turbulence. My face shield on my helmet was never hit with bugs except as slow speeds when they were aiming for me, lol.

This is the big thing I need to get used to on the Ninja1000, there is so little wind protection and the wind noise seems large, probably because I was spoiled by the Connie and the Cee Bailey.

Hope this answers your question.

I'm interested in one of standard height. I'm a little taller at 6'0", but I want to keep stresses on the windshield mechanism down, so I'll stick with standard height. I know Cee Bailey was very good at making their shields "Swoopy" so hopefully it will work better than the OE version. Let me know how long how you want to proceed if you don't find a buyer for all three. Thanks

Jorge,

Got it, I am happy to sell you one of the standard height Baileys, I will pick out the one in best shape but to be honest they are both in really good condition. If you send me your zip I can get a quote for shipping it to you.

Also, I know about the concern about stresses on the mechanism; I did not worry about it and regularly ran my Connie up to 140 or so with the shield in position 3 and have not had any issues after 65K on the odometer.

Thanks!

BG

Sorry about your troubles. That would make me sick. I am interested in them! How much to ship to 64015?

Last edited:
G

so sorry to hear about your mishap. Too bad your boy just sold his....that would have been a good one to move over to.
Glad you are not without a bike. Summer coming and I am sure you will want to be out on the road. Interesting to read your thoughts on the 1000.

Jorge....you never said anything about your windscreen. I have a Cee Bailey you could try. If you decide to buy G's I am sure you will like it....I bought one of David Snell's brackets and the Cee Bailey I use in the winter is rock solid. If you decide to buy I may pick up the other one of G's and have them shipped together (yes I am a gear whore)

You and Jorge are about the same height. I ride the Ultra Tour standard and it is plenty tall for me in the winter. If he decides to take the standard I will grab the other one if it is still around and we can split the shipping.....Cee Bailey is the best shield I have ever had. V Stream, Puig Aeroflow and all the others I tried aren't even close in quality and durability.

Take care G.

Freebird,

Thanks for the support and words about the Cee Baileys. I agree, it is the best shield I have used and like I said it spoiled me with regard to wind noise and durability. I think it looks better on the bike than either the stock or any of the aftermarket shields.

David Snell's brackets look top notch and I would have bought one eventually if not for the loss of the bike.

Take care!

I'd be interested in one of the standard height ones. If any are available. Not sure if all were sold or not from the thread, details were sparse. LoL. If anyone has one to sell, lemme know. My zip is 77302
Conroe Texas. Thanks
Casey