• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Cee Bailey Windscreen Sold

Widedomain

Big Wheel
SOLD

**** Now only $150 w/ free UPS ground shipping to US addresses. ***

Brand new Cee Bailey Windscreen (w/ vent) 24.5" for sale.

I just got it and it's just a bit too tall for my short body and I'm looking just barely over the top. I'm asking $180.00 with free UPS ground shipping to US addresses. Perfect condition and boxed in original shipping box.

David Wright

David,
Is this a C10 or C14?
I am interested in it if it is C10. I have Cmas $ coming and can probably borrow off that from savings. I live in Mansfield also so I can probably just come by to get it. Are you needing a standard to replace it or do you still have it? I have a bit going on today (Thursday) as I work nights and have my wife doing prep for surgery tomorrow up in the Hurst area. I also have set up a meet and greet on the Impromptu page of the forum if you want to check that out. So far no interest on that, though I am planning to meet with Rev Rider and that was the main reason for opening it up to others in the area.
Thanks. Doug
817-473-1838 home
817-845-8632 cell

Just got off the Cee Bailey site and the one suggested for my height (6'1") is the 26.5 shield at a cost of $194 new with vent. Is your's still mounted? Would you be interested in letting me try it to see if it pushes air over my head? I use bar risers and sit fairly upright.

Doug:

Got tied up and couldn't surf yesterday. The windscreen is already off the bike. There are quite a few folks using the CB, you could try asking on the forum about the different heights. I found that the screen worked real good and pushed the air up so that I didn't feel any buffeting until I stuck my head up about 6 inches higher. For reference I am 5'6".  My issue was that I was just looking over the top and it was not comfortable for me. I could use one about 2 inches lower.

David
972-989-6280 (cell)

I don't want to back door Doug. He was first. But David I am interested as well. If you don't mind me asking. Exactly what are your shields parameters. Tint, vent type, install kit? Since this is pretty much the cost of a new shield from the factory, I'm trying to decide if it's what I wanted and if there's any savings over Cee Bailey.
My point being that if it is exactly what I wanted for my bike, it's a good thing. But if it's not and the price is pretty close to brand new from the factory. Then it makes sense to buy one from them. Yes I would rather help you out of your jamb. But  is it worth my while as well as yours? I'm sincere about the shield though. My C10 will be getting one before summer one way or the other. If I can help you out, so be it. But Doug has first shot since he was first.

Thanks David!
I had a chance to meet with Rev Rider yesterday and from my research I "think" it will be short for my needs.  :( From your estimates it sounds closer to air lift height for me but without a chance to try it I would be safer going through Cee Bailey for the $20-30 savings. I think they are good about exchanges if you got it through them.

I am much like Bob in that I would prefer to support a fellow COGer who has something to sell before supporting a company.  ;) (I did get a chance to 'help' a fellow COGer out of a ThrottleMeister!!  ??? ) If I had the opportunity to test it I would possibly be interested still but my primary need is for cold weather and rainy season daily work commuting. My fear would be that even if it did a good job of providing clean air to my head, reducing the buffeting of the factory shield, I would still be battling rain and wind related helmet noise.

So Bob... without my being able to test, if it is EXACTLY what you are after, I will pass the opportunity on to the second in line! I hope it is all you want and the tradition of COGer helping COGer continues with you!  :))..

One last thought would be to cut it down a couple of inches if you like the shield and can't get what you want for it. I have read it is fairly simple for the crafty sort. In fact, I may try building one myself after talking with Rev. He builds his own being a like minded financial steward  O:) (cheepo.. lol) with handy abilities.

Thanks for getting back with me on it David and best wishes with the sale/modification/exchange!

I would still like to meet at some point to be able to ride or wrench or just have a cup of joe or something being virtual neighbors here in the soutern Metroplex! Drop me a line or watch for upcoming impromptu ride to eats..
Thanks again.. doug

Doug:

Hope to hook up some time for a ride. I'll keep an eye out for your meet up postings!

Bob:

PM to you on the shield details.

Still available!

24.5" clear w/ vent... Now only $150 w/ free UPS ground shipping to US addresses. This is brand new, installed for a short ride and then removed.  The windscreen is in the original shipping box and ready to go.

David

David, Glad you finally found a home for the shield! Kind of ironic but just today I ordered the cee bailey 26.5 vented tinted from Murphs.

We are talking about making the TWT (two Wheeled Texans) pie run at the end of the month in Hico Tx down past Smithville. You can find it on their site. I may push it here for others as well. But I would love to have you make the run if you are open and able.. weather permitting of course. I would be kind of on your way being in Mansfield.

Again, congrats on the sale! Sorry it wouldn't have worked for my build! doug

I usually get the TWT pie run locations on the COG calendar but so far have not found the time to do it.  Maybe after lunch if work stays slow.