• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Cell phone mounting

I have the x mount and love it . there are convenient threaded holes in the two master cylinders to mount the ram ball .

Attachments

• 20211031_081938_HDR.jpg
    20211031_081938_HDR.jpg
    163.7 KB · Views: 154
  • 20211031_081837_HDR.jpg
    20211031_081837_HDR.jpg
    171.7 KB · Views: 158
I have the x mount and love it . there are convenient threaded holes in the two master cylinders to mount the ram ball .
The Ram ball I have will not work. The threads on th mounting bolt are too small. How do I get a ball that has the correct size mounting bolt for those pre threaded holes?

If you touch different areas of the bike while its running, there's a lot buzz at the Handlebars and other places, but virtually none at the fuel tank or fuel cap.

A good mount point would be from the gas cap bolts - also used for tank bag rings by some.

If you touch different areas of the bike while its running, there's a lot buzz at the Handlebars and other places, but virtually none at the fuel tank or fuel cap.

A good mount point would be from the gas cap bolts - also used for tank bag rings by some.
I mounted a GPS off the tank once and immediately noticed it was unconformably outside my line of sight to safely reference when underway / naturally same result for phone as GPS. My 🪙🪙.

You could probably put together any manner of RAM parts to get it up in your line of site if you were of a mind.

Mine currently sits on a tank bag above the fuel tank cap. Its just below the speedo and tach in my line of sight - works well for me.

Last edited:
I assume you've seen this:

Cell Phones on bikes....

Careful, just don't shoot the messenger. I pay more attention to this stuff since I now have one.
Guy, this is unfortunately true. I have an iPhone 12 Mini (love it), and I have a RAM mount mounted to the mirror post on my right handlebar. My bike needs some work, and is VERY buzzy - my iPhone started "buzzing" (vibrating) when I'd open the camera - the optical stabilization sensor was gone. Apple repaired it under warranty...... two days later it's doing it again. Will probably try tank/fairing mount in the spring.