• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Central Indiana Tech Session - Sunday April 24 10am

dboogie2288

I've been speaking with Kevin our AAD and we've setup an upcoming Sunday for a tech session. I know I've been looking for sessions over the past few years because I really need to get a valve check/adjust done but I dont have the full on confidence to do it myself. I'll be hosting it at my house in a northern suburb of Indianapolis and hopefully we get a nice turn out. I've got just a standard 2 car garage, but I also live on a cul de sac and we'll have plenty of room. We'll get some burgers and such so a small donation would be appreciated for food if you come out. I've got pretty much all the tools you might need, so really just bring yourself, your bike, and whatever parts you need to install/replace. If you have a job that needs a specific tool, feel free to ask.

Derick Eberbach
6541 Longboat Key Circle
Noblesville, IN 46062

Sunday April 24 10am until whenever.

nice going Derek  :great:
Your location is just about ideal to get lots of COGgers within decent driving time. I hope you guys have great weather.

Jorge

Thanks Derick, I just got on here to post the event. But I can't say it any better than you.  :beerchug:

Tech session update: Joe Hance as offered to bring his No-Mar tire changer and tools to change tires and also his KDS3 diagnostic system if anyone has interest in programing new FOB's or TPMS sensors. If there is any interest in this let me know so we can be prepared. And thanks Joe for the offer.

this is about 2 hours for me. I'm on the fence. Any other C10 riders coming out or is this a C14 thing?

And the tyre changing may be something as well  :mad: see this

Attachments

• rsz_20160416_102801.jpg
    rsz_20160416_102801.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 92
  • rsz_20160416_102750.jpg
    rsz_20160416_102750.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 87
Hazy said:
this is about 2 hours for me. I'm on the fence. Any other C10 riders coming out or is this a C14 thing?
Hazy, Derick's bike that we will be doing the valve adjustment on is a c-10. So yes the tech session is for both models. Hope to see you there.

BigK said:
Tech session update: Joe Hance as offered to bring his No-Mar tire changer and tools to change tires and also his KDS3 diagnostic system if anyone has interest in programing new FOB's or TPMS sensors. If there is any interest in this let me know so we can be prepared. And thanks Joe for the offer.

I am going to have to ride down to get my fobs all on the same program.

Ok, I got the all clear from the wif so I will be there on Sunday. I will bring tools as well. of special note I'll bring my steering stem nut wrench in case anybody has a loose nut. Mine is so want to get that tightened up. I also have a horn I want to put on.

What do I need to bring as far as grub for lunch? burgers? dogs? chips? drinks?

What may be of value to us C10 guys is I've farkled my bike pretty well and you'll get to see in person stuff you may want to do to your bike like:
Seth Laam seat
4 pot front brake conversion with 2 stainless steal lines
Mean Streak rear wheel conversion
Heat shields
Tip over bars
2 minute mod and overflow tubes
12v power socket
Free power mod
Gas gauge mod
Fork brace

Here in Ohio, it's rare to see a C10 so seeing what these upgrades actually look like in real life can be real helpful if you're deciding to do one.

Special Tools I'll bring:
Service manual
Stem nut wrench
Spark plug socket
Mighty Vac
Temporary fuel bottle
Feeler guages
Cylinder height gauge (to see if your bike has been hydrolocked)- I'll only bring this if specifically requested
PVC pipe for fork seal installation - - I'll only bring this if specifically requested

Not quite a short ride I'm afraid...
So I leave, and COG Indiana has what looks like will be a really great wrench day. Should I have left earlier so they'd have it sooner, or should I have stayed so I could attend :mad:
Really happy... Sounds great!
Chris, we moved South last July. Sure miss the IN guys!
Jorge

Well I will. Come. Visit you Jorge actually I am coming down in Sept with. My two sons and Virginia's son for a ocean view. ☺️

has this been advertised on the COG board on Facebook? Any idea on RSVP's yet? Hope we have a good turnout.

Looks like 8-10 people at this point. With lots of things to get done. So looks like it will be a good time see you all there. And it wasn't post on Facebook as far as I know, but was put on the Calendar.

I'll be the FNG there. Thrashing to get my new Iron Butt C10 finished to bring (just a personal goal). If not I'll ride my 06' daily rider. Look forward to meeting everyone and let me know if I can bring anything (food,tools, cash etc). I do have an extra valve cover gasket and well seals I'll bring "just in case".

Hey,

Just found out about the registration page and says I'm too late to register. Well, I'm showing up anyway!  :nananana:

Got tools packed and ready to go.

Cya all tomorrow!!! :motonoises:  :great:  :beerchug:

I ll be there as well. Just got in from Chicago /Ohare area so the bike is all bugged up and dirty but we are gonna make the trip over to Elwood and down.  Bringing some extra fobs to see if he can make that KDS machine do it's thing and register em to this bike. Be glad to get down and help out (If'n someone can help me get back up).  Looking forward to the get together.  Registration Page? WHAAAAAT?

Chris, they might not let you in. The definitely should not let Tom in.
Tom, riding in Chicaginis an experience I've had ,but don't quite cherish.

Have a great days guys!

Hey folks, just an FYI...BYOD!! Bring your own drinks! I dont stock soda, so basically here your choices are milk and water (bottled). If you'd like a soda or whatever...just bring it along with you. Stocked up at sams today - there's plenty of food, so you'll eat well.

Hazy, you can leave these at home (if you like);

Service manual
Stem nut wrench
Spark plug socket

If you need room for other stuff, use it. I have these for sure.

As for your question about food, nah I got it. I dont want any of your potato salad thats been sitting your saddle bag for hours anyhow...I'm just asking a small donation be pitched in for food costs. I'll have a cup out.

dboogie2288 said:
Hey folks, just an FYI...BYOD!! Bring your own drinks! I dont stock soda, so basically here your choices are milk and water (bottled). If you'd like a soda or whatever...just bring it along with you. Stocked up at sams today - there's plenty of food, so you'll eat well.

I threw in Fred's Vids just in case.

Jorge, Ride from Rosemont to 394 was much better today than going to other way... Yesterday was 5 mph going north 4 5 and 6 lanes wide. Ridiculous on a bike. 11 miles in an hour from Ogden to Ohare. dropped 394 south through Beecher (home of the famous butcher shop, Beecher Meat)  and becomes 2 over to US 41. Easy trip once ya know the way. Rather take 83 or 45 up and skip 294 but I was on a timeline. Always weird going over that huge quarry just before the last oasis....even more strange on a bike.

Thanks for the hospitality Derick. I learned a lot and it was good to meet all of you, even Hazy... I guess. >:D

I need to keep an eye on the forums for more events, I'm so bad about checking in here. 

Happy riding everyone!

I had a great time! I'm paying for it today though. First long distance ride of the season. 300 miles and my back is killing me. Hands are tingly still too...

And worth all of it!  :great:

Flat-spot said:
I'm about 2 hours too.  I might just for the ride and burger.  :motonoises: :103:

The burgers were plentiful and first-rate!  The crowd, well, what did you expect?  Had some good fun programming FOBs for freebird6, he's of the opinion that you just can't have too many!  ;-)

Also had some fun helping Derick adjust his C10 valves while he cooked burgers.

I didn't get any takers on the tire changer even though it was there and ready to go.  If anyone in the Central Indiana area is still needing a tire change, let me know.  I am located about 5 minutes away from Derick in Noblesville.

i had planned on attending this tech session. mine doesn't need anything as i have it sorted but thought i would stop by to check out what everyone else was doing. but made a last minute call to take my new beta out for a spin. only had it for 3 weeks and not ridden it yet due to work, rain, wind or whatever else popped up to keep me off of it. i am hauling it into kentucky next weekend to ride the renfro valley dual sport so needed to feel it out.

hopefully i will make the next one...

Soooo got some leftovers hanging out here.

Hazy, I have at least one of your bent feeler gauges....
Soldering gun
And where did this coffee table come from?!

eh... don't sweat it. Gives me a reason to go back to Harbor Freight.

I have your 3/8 socket.  :mad:

Thanks again to everyone that showed up. Had a great time and will definitely have to do this again. A special thank you to Derick for opening up his garage, tool box, and home to us wild bikers. I will try to get some pictures posted soon. :beerchug:

Definitely a good time.

Missed Jorge but enjoyed seeing old friends and meeting new.

Had to leave before the eats but got home to get stuff done to keep the lady on the Beemer happy.

Thanks for hosting

Happy to report the concours is getting put back together today. Only took 3 (+1 last week) attempts to get the valve cover gasket on right. Rtv was a friend and she has no leaks. Also installed a zumo mount I got from the wing forums today as well. She revs a lot smoother now, I'm excited to ride it later this week.

Sorry it took so long but here are the pictures.

Attachments

• DPP_0004.JPG
    DPP_0004.JPG
    150.4 KB · Views: 108
  • DPP_0005.JPG
    DPP_0005.JPG
    138.3 KB · Views: 100
and..

Attachments

• DPP_0007.JPG
    DPP_0007.JPG
    156.3 KB · Views: 105
  • DPP_0009.JPG
    DPP_0009.JPG
    139.3 KB · Views: 99
What is that?  Tell me that's not a BMW!  What are COG events coming to. Maybe I should be glad I wasn't there...
I'm  not :'(

Yes Tom, brought an outsider but we welcome her into the fold in true COG fashion. :)

Jorge said:
What is that?  Tell me that's not a BMW!  What are COG events coming to. Maybe I should be glad I wasn't there...
I'm  not :'(

And yet I you rode with her for a week at Nationals and will again in June  :)

Miss you guys round here. Sunny....and in the 30s this am.......Harley guys going by have their doo rags and skeleton masks on this morning.

Laurie may be a lot of things, but she's no outsider.
Tom, I'm... we're, looking forward to riding with you again,but... as memorable as the T-storms was, maybe we can do without it this year :)

BTW, Irene is going to make it. We're still working out logistics, but we expect to arrive Tuesday night. She will work that day, but will get off early, like around 1 PM or so. We think we'll leave straight from her office.
Jorge

Scubadoguk said:
I will be there on my C10 looking for advice on adjusting  valves :)
They should be in good shape unless you've put a whoooooole Loy of miles on her since I last saw you.

Scubadoguk said:
And the tyre changing may be something as well  :mad: see this
Mark I suppose those are the valve stems I put in it, there's an inner nut, I believe, just tighten that up with the outer ones but also check out the rubber washers. Shouldn't be a difficult fix.

yeah they leak a bit BUT I figure I will try what you suggest sometime soon:)vand good to know about the valves that looked a BIG job :) thanks for the heads up