• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Changes to watching moto racing on TV - 2016

jimp

Sport Tourer
MotoGP, World Superbike and MotoAmerica will be broadcast on beIN Sports Network this year. Below is a list of some sat/cable providers and the channel. Hopefully you'll have it in your package. I've seen some of beIN's race coverage before and it's not great, at least compared to what we've seen in the past (think SpeedTV).

DISH: beIN SPORTS on Channel 408 in English.
DIRECTV: beIN SPORTS on Channel 620 in English & HD.
Comcast: beIN SPORTS on Channel 726 in English.
Time Warner Cable:  beIN SPORTS on Channel 417 in English.
Bright House Networks: beIN SPORTS on Channel 207 & HD on 1163.
Verizon FIOS: beIN SPORTS on Channel 598 in HD.
AT&T U-verse: beIN SPORTS on Channel 1662 in HD.
Advanced Cable: beIN SPORTS on Channel 160 & 659 in HD.
Atlantic Broadband: beIN SPORTS on Channel 157 & 957 in HD.

To get beIN with Directv you need the premier package at over $85 a month not including
other fees.  :(  I've got Directv but I'm not moving up to that package and doubling my
bill every month just for racing. This really sucks as both WSBK & MotoGP are going to be great this year.
:mad:

AMA Road racing, anybody know where to find that? one year it's cbs another on the internet, fan.tv clueless at this point
thanks

Pat and Sher in MA said:
To get beIN with Directv you need the premier package at over $85 a month not including
other fees.  :(  I've got Directv but I'm not moving up to that package and doubling my
bill every month just for racing. This really sucks as both WSBK & MotoGP are going to be great this year.

Pat - I'm in the same boat, so I'm spending the $150 bucks to get the all access MotoGP pass. Stream it over the web. Record to disk, or watch live with additional data such as lap times, on-bike camera shots, etc.

WSB has something similar. Don't know about MotoAM.

Redline - AMA? That would be MotoAmerica. Check with your provider for the channel line up.

Pat and Sher in MA said:
:mad:
It was a sad day when FOX bought out SpeedTV.
After seeing this thread I switched to a lower cost package and added the sports package that included beIN. Still gonna up my DirecTV bill by $7. I watched race 1 Phillip Island last night. First SBK race I've seen in a year.
Thanks for the headsup JPavlis.

Don't know if it's specific to Verizon FIOS in the Tampa Bay market area, but it's channel 596 here.

For the past couple of years I've been getting the MotoGP all access pass.  Much cheaper than the cost of upgrading my TV service especially seeing I only get internet through Comcast at this time.

Three years ago, I started watching my first MC races -- full race WSB coverage available on YouTube. That stopped when they inked their beIN deal. A couple of years back I upgraded my cable package (Charter) to get Fox Sports and watch MotoGP. Last year, I upgraded again to get CBS-SN and see MotoAmerica (after suffering with the fiasco that was fanschoice.tv). Now it's all over on beIN, a channel that my cable provider doesn't even cover.

It looks like the motorcycle racing community will have to do without this fan, at least for this season. Nothing but F1 and IndyCar for me.

At least my wife will be happier -- my TiVo won't be tied up with back-to-back recordings every Sunday from March through September.

hi roku has sling tv channel as a add on you get the spot package includes bein and no I don't have cable haven't for 8 yrs but do get all the the moto races on bein WSB MOTO GP and so on and a lot better than comcasts $$

Scubadoguk said:
hi roku has sling tv channel as a add on you get the spot package includes bein and no I don't have cable haven't for 8 yrs but do get all the the moto races on bein WSB MOTO GP and so on and a lot better than comcasts $$

Mark - who are you getting internet from? Cable or cellular? Cost?

I see all these people saying they've "cut the cable," but what are they paying for the alternative?

I'm limited to ATT/DirecTV or Comcast, and Comcast is cheaper than ATT's DSL service. And forget cellular, that would be as expensive as ATT/DirecTV ~$200/mo.

Hi well I have Comcast internet bought my own cable modem routers and have the mid tier internet package not basic internet but not the fastest package.
I then bought a Roku device for each tv all of these are wireless, we have 3 @ $35 each the Cable modem was $80 the routers are about $70 each, one is the primary router the other a access point. Sling channel has some channels that are live cable based channels +the sports package with the moto race stuff, then Netflix and Hulu.
I also have over the air TV through a regular antenna I get in Indianapolis 25+ channels on the TV and most HI Def.
The biggest pain is dealing with Comcast but its a rare thing I have to call them and setting up the home network is a learning curve, I found one router is not going to do it and WiFi extenders are umm a challenge but I have it working and happy with no cable bill no rental fees and no crappy channels I would never watch but pay for.