• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Cheap Half Cover that will fit the C14

n3nman

Did a search but did not find what I wanted. Anyone recommend a 1/2 cover that will fit C14 not to much money? Thanks

MtnRider said:
I got this one and it works well. Had two months using it most days at work. So, I can't really comment on longevity but so far so good.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07LGKQHK9/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Nice looking cover, and price... I like that...

I'm still using the "official Concours Owners Group" half cover, I won at RWTW back in '03 (iirc), it fits the C14 very well also... it is just a waterproofed single layer nylon fabric, but it "was" waterproof back when new; rolls up into a stuff sack the size of a beer can... over the years, whenever I wash and re-proof my AeroStich, I toss it in the washer with the proofing mix, and it still works great... maybe send a note to the merchandise czar, and see if they can resurrect the original ones... with the COG logo...

photos below, mind you, if you put the windshield in the lowest position, it allows even the mirrors to be covered, and does a very nice job...

Attachments

• cover 1.jpg
    cover 1.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 171
  • cover 2.jpg
    cover 2.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 158
  • cover 3.jpg
    cover 3.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 141
Yes, but unlike MoB's it doesn't cover the mirrors with a top case mounted. With the top case off it will fit over the mirrors.

Got my Large size cover. This is great, Fits perfect. With no top case fits over windscreen, Mirrors, and tail. You can get it over the saddle bags but is tight. Would like to see what the XL looks like. For $18 this is a no brainer. Also the other thing I wanted was something that packs small. This fits the bill. Thanks for the recommendation.

BTW, a Crown Royal bag (750ml) is the perfect size for the cover.    ;D :great:

Send me a PM with your address if you want one & don't enjoy CR & if you prefer black or royal purple.

I'll let you know how the XL fits... I chose to order that size as I have a really TALL windshield and I always have the top box on.  Don't hold your breath for this report... I chose the free slow delivery and... Bikes in hibernation mode under its FULL winter cover.
Thanks

I have the Nelson-Rigg UV-2000-04-XL (Amazon) -- without travel-pak it will hook under the saddlebags, with the pak it hooks under the pak -- have the V-thingie windshield for a height comparispon...

dcstrng said:
I have the Nelson-Rigg UV-2000-04-XL (Amazon) -- without travel-pak it will hook under the saddlebags, with the pak it hooks under the pak -- have the V-thingie windshield for a height comparispon...

This  ^^^^

https://www.amazon.com/Nelson-Motorcycle-Cover-Silver-XX-Large/dp/B000GTV7JI/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=Nelson-Rigg+UV-2000-04-XL&qid=1574859677&s=automotive&sr=1-1

I've been using one of these as my lightweight cover for years. Works great for keeping the sun off of the bike when parked outside. Easy on easy off.

I picked up a large.
Very happy with is as a basic cover for just the bike as I keep my bags inside and/or bring them in when I travel.
I hated having to wait for the pipe to cool to put on my old full cover.

I have the mirrors folded, but it fits about the same with them out if not better.

20200120_160434-jpg.2098060

20200120_160422-jpg.2098061

ogre_fl said:
I picked up a large.
Very happy with is as a basic cover for just the bike as I keep my bags inside and/or bring them in when I travel.
I hated having to wait for the pipe to cool to put on my old full cover.

I have the mirrors folded, but it fits about the same with them out if not better.

20200120_160434-jpg.2098060

20200120_160422-jpg.2098061

NICE... that looks to be the MEGA version, by the manufacturers of the one I showed in Post #2, I like it... I really wish we could get those again, with the COG logo printed on them, I've had mine for like 17 years now, and I love how compact it rolls up to, like a beer can size in the pouch / sleeve..

soooo... share the linky where ya got it... pleeeeeeeeeze... :great: :) :)

Harry Martin said:
gsun said:
6 mil poly and a stapler.  ;D

I can beat that.
2 mil poly tarp and duct tape.

Fewer parts.  ;D

:)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :nananana: :nananana: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

that really makes my silly mind wander... I don't see ya using Duct Tape, as that's wayyyy to expensive/precious... maybe black electrical tape, and old "bread wrap ties"... and a logo in "black electrical tape " for COG... come on, show us... we know you did it... like Bubble's does...
tumblr_nbvc1nRvbn1ry46hlo1_400.gifv

I"m bummed, if i bought a "greenie" I'd surely dress it out with electrical tape...
:)) :))

just ordered this shirt...
I just know you will be wanting one, so here... belated Christmas present..
https://www.backstreetmerch.com/artist/trailer-park-boys/hoodies/green-bastard-parts-unknown

bsi_tpboy130.jpg

but GSUN had it right, stapler is the cheapest... I mean, most COGFrugal..

I'm thinkin about asking if I can make a COG shirt, like the above... I guess i have to ask permission... or maybe not, it's just 3 letters on a green sweatshirt... in black tape...

xlarge.jpg

:)) :)) :)) :)) :))