• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Check your handle bars!

AwesomeDad

As I’ve posted before Ive been trying to trouble shooting the infamous 4K buzz, I took the iso grips off and installed some weighted washers. When I snugged up the bolt I heard a clink and now my entire grip rotate. Now my right side grip has always had a little wiggle which the service department said was normal and I’ve checked other bikes that also had this. As I’m getting on it to take it to the dealer i see something shiny laying at the bottom of the triple tree. Turns out there’s a set pin or index pin whatever you choose to call it that apparently fell out of my handle bar. unfortunately it’s part of the handlebar assembly but covered under warranty. I’m betting after they get it back together I won’t have any 4K buzz....

JJ

I had a handlebar buzz that really bothered me for years. Hands go to sleep (especially right hand). About 45K miles the buzz disappeared. A friend asked me if I'd done anything the get rid of it. I replied honestly, "Yes, I changed the motor oil." And he burst out laughing. All true. So about 45K expect your engine buzz to die down!

I had a handlebar buzz that really bothered me for years. Hands go to sleep (especially right hand). About 45K miles the buzz disappeared. A friend asked me if I'd done anything the get rid of it. I replied honestly, "Yes, I changed the motor oil." And he burst out laughing. All true. So about 45K expect your engine buzz to die down!
Then I need to get to riding 😂😂😂

As I’ve posted before Ive been trying to trouble shooting the infamous 4K buzz . . .

JJ
I've never noticed this. On my bike, in OD 4k rpm translates into an indicated 86 mph and I actually find the bike so eerily smooth around that speed that I often don't notice when I'm edging close to triple digits.

I've never noticed this. On my bike, in OD 4k rpm translates into an indicated 86 mph and I actually find the bike so eerily smooth around that speed that I often don't notice when I'm edging close to triple digits.
Same problem. Bike is running great, life is good. Better take a look at the speedo. ;)

It’s hit or miss on which ones do it...

JJ

Permit me to comment on the 4K buzz, my comment is... I thought my bike was the only one. However, the buzz does not present in the bars, it is really the whole bike and that is only noticeable in 5th gear between 65-70 once in OD I am transported to new levels of unconscenceouness(spelling)such trivial things like a barely noticeable vibration evaporate into irrational bliss. I mean I really like it at 85.

Permit me to comment on the 4K buzz, my comment is... I thought my bike was the only one. However, the buzz does not present in the bars, it is really the whole bike and that is only noticeable in 5th gear between 65-70 once in OD I am transported to new levels of unconscenceouness(spelling)such trivial things like a barely noticeable vibration evaporate into irrational bliss. I mean I really like it at 85.
I suspect mine was due to the loose bar grip, I’m not in a position at the moment to verify after the warranty work but come spring I should know...

I've posted this before. I may be right, I may be wrong. Anyway here is my take. Seems most of this malady is right hand. Think carpal tunnel. When your hand goes numb look at your wrist position. Are your knuckles pointed at the sky? Hand at a 90 degree to forearm? Re grip with your knuckles pointing forward or down. Opens up the blood flow. It works for me. Your mileage may vary. Also try rotating your levers as much as possible forward or down. Again worked for me. Not applicable to all.

Last edited: