• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Cheep fix for the Connie heat issues

Yuma

Moped
Yesterday after a nice ride through Mount Laguna with a few other S.D. Area COG members I had to head home a littler earlier than I wanted. Riding in the 3,000 ~ 6,000 foot mountain ranges were nice and a little cooler than home (80~95 degrees in the mountains:) ) I wanted to wait till the sun was starting to set BUT the wife had other plans for my evening,.... WORK... So at 3:45 PM I started down the mountains leaving the COOL 90+ temps behind.... Going from 3,500 altitude down to the desert floor at -50 foot the temps went up to 117.6 degrees ... At a stop area I thought that if I removed my Mesh riding pants and continued in just my jeans and mesh jacket it should be cooler... WELL , IT WAS SO HOT that keeping my knees tight to the tank and letting the fairing do it's job it was cooler. (Stopped and put the mesh back on)... SO all who that say the heat off the Connie is unbairable.... Just ride in a little warmer temps and the heat from the Concours IS NOTHING....Hence a Cheep Fix.... Just ride in temps above 115 degrees Oh by the way there was humidity of 35~60% riding through the alfalfa fields along the freeway. Ride safe, Yuma, Summer in Yuma is not hell, but hell is a local call :) 2006 Connie http://community.webshots.com/user/Lateck?vhost=community

Hmmm... this just might work for me here in Florida. I have tried riding in cool weather (40 degrees) in shorts (under mesh) and my legs were still sweating. Combo of great wing protection and 200 degree heat pump does it.