• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Chris from Seattle with new to me 2008 C14 with 15k

chrisvarnes5490

Hi Everyone,

Glad to be a member of this great group. Rode for 1500 miles and decided to get Steve's Mountain Runner Premium flash, and wow.

I've been riding since I was 15 on my first Hondas CB125, then lived through my early 20's with a FZ600 drilled and safety wired for the track. I started looking for something cool in my mid-20's so I got a Harley Softail Nostalgia, put some beach bars on it and cruised around till my mid 30's. Got hit and ended up getting insurance to buy me a 98 Titan Roadrunner. Kept that in storage, and moved to the city where ostentatious motorcycles were no longer my jam, so I started collecting vintage two stroke vespas cause they were easy to work on and great fo the city. All of a sudden, I found myself married and with a cabin in Skagit valley, I have no garage and the Titan really isn't a 2-up cruiser, so I decide to start looking at FJ's, STS's, and Connie's. It wasn't hard to decide I wanted the Kawasaki, so when the right deal came around, I bought it. Here I am, loving it! It's the best bike i've ever ridden.

Just met my first member friend at the Longhorn bar in Bo Edison, Wa this past Wed. Hope to meet many more friendly riders.

See you out and about in Seattle area.
Chris

Welcome! Sounds like you found a real gem with low miles. I found an 09 this spring and love it! You have some gorgeous places to ride out there… enjoy the riding season!

Welcome, Chris. As Dan notes, there are some good rides coming up. Join us for a ride over to Colville August 12-14 and you'll meet some great people!
Andy

If you've got nothing better to do Labor Day weekend, a collection of ne'er-do-wells is going to do whatever it is ne'er-do-wells do when they're in Baker City, OR.

Thanks Gary, I'll be in Alaska for moose camp. To all, this year has been crazy for my wife's business, so I'll be looking to connect once wedding season is over. Please keep the info on new NW rides coming, I will be joining you soon. Happy Riding until then!!!!