• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Clip on windscreen deflector!

Smokeyjoe

Greetings from the fast lane:)
This clip on deflector works! It doesn't obstruct my view and it takes pressure off my helmet. What's also nice is that I can lower my main screen a bit which takes pressure off it in heavy wind. Costs around $20. 2011 C14...cheers!

Ebay..."Motorcycle Clip-on Windshield Extension Deflector Universal Fit"

Attachments

• 20220531_162227.jpg
    20220531_162227.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 131
  • 20220531_162217.jpg
    20220531_162217.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 125
Yep, this little accessory has dramatically improved my riding experience as well. I opted for installing it a little taller, so it really kicks the wind up and over, but that's because I've got the 2" handle bar risers so I'm sitting upright rather than leaned forward.

At some point I may opt to go with the upgraded machined parts and a bigger windscreen, but for now I'm happy how it is. Good to hear you are too. Every bit helps make the longer rides more enjoyable, the shorter ones more exciting. Cheers, AB
IMG_5654.JPG

I love mine, however I wish I'd gotten mine from eBay instead of Twisted Throttle...what a price difference!!!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/314002940579

https://twistedthrottle.com/shop/bo...dscreen-spoiler-blade-windshield-extension-2/

No they don't appear to be exactly the same size...but close enough for the price?
The mra is much higher quality than the 20 dollar ones. The brackets on the cheap ones are in fact cheap but do work as long as they aren't messed with much.

I wanted the get an mra as my friend had one that I borrowed last week but the total was around 190 now with the clipon bracket instead of the drilled in type.

I just bought a 20 dollar one from Amazon and it seems alright.

The Amazon deflector works but after several months the main shield started to crack at both attachments.

The Amazon deflector works but after several months the main shield started to crack at both attachments.

David, some quick thoughts about that.
A) The one I bought off Amazon for less than $40 has been on my OEM windshield for over a year and a half at this point with zero issues. How old is yours?
B) Possible that you've tightened things down too much leading to stress cracking?
C) What angle is yours installed at? Is it out front like I see many being, or straight up (like mine)? The angle may play a role in the stresses.

Another question is if your bike is stored outside in the sun. With mine being garage kept I'm guessing that may play a role in extending the life of the one I've got. These are polymer and are likely aged more quickly with extended exposure to direct sun and heat.

Final thought. At these prices it's easy to see that replacing them a few times is still less expensive than getting a big brand model.

Cheers, AB

I have had my MRA for 6years and 44,000 miles . Tested many times in Mexico at the speeds this bike loves! Still in great shape, easy to adjust and it looks sexy 😀. Guess at this point it works out to 30 a year

David, some quick thoughts about that.
A) The one I bought off Amazon for less than $40 has been on my OEM windshield for over a year and a half at this point with zero issues. How old is yours?
B) Possible that you've tightened things down too much leading to stress cracking?
C) What angle is yours installed at? Is it out front like I see many being, or straight up (like mine)? The angle may play a role in the stresses.

Another question is if your bike is stored outside in the sun. With mine being garage kept I'm guessing that may play a role in extending the life of the one I've got. These are polymer and are likely aged more quickly with extended exposure to direct sun and heat.

Final thought. At these prices it's easy to see that replacing them a few times is still less expensive than getting a big brand model.

Cheers, AB
Will these work on a V-Stream?

Yep. Had on on my v stream for 5 years. I'm 5'10" and love the fact that with the screen on lowest setting, the wing is below eyesight and pushes the airflow up and over my helmet. This keeps the cool georgia winter air off my torso. And with the.new deflectors from Falcon aero, I won't have any wind on my hands. Probably won't even need my winter gloves now....lol

Last edited:
Yep. Had on on my v stream for 5 years. I'm 5'10" and love the fact that with the screen on lowest setting, the wing is below eyesight and pushes the airflow up and over my helmet. This keeps the cool georgia winter air off my torso. And with the.new deflectors from Falcon aero, I won't have any wind on my hands. Probably won't even need my winter gloves now....lol
Cool, Konehead! Thank you for chiming in. Do you suspect any premature wear on the windshield bracket/mechanism or such?

I dont, but I have a 2010, and i.did purchase the new and proved windscreen raising bracket that one cogger manufactory.

That bracket is SOLID. Makes a noticeable difference. Worth the money in materials and workmanship.

That bracket is SOLID. Makes a noticeable difference. Worth the money in materials and workmanship.
Yes, I need to purchase one, as a preventative measure. Mine is a 2017, is that something that Maw Kaw improved over the years, or dost I need a bracket, too?