• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Club Race Video

centex

Mini Bike
Thought some might enjoy this video, shot by racer John Deuser (expert, GSXR750) in the B Superbike race at the CMRA races, Texas World Speedway last Sunday 10/23/11.  This was the last race of the day/weekend/2011 season for the CMRA.

Click here for jump to the video.

John shot this with a system that is tied to GPS, thus the inset view with the track map showing position as you watch the race from his bike (note the elevation data is totally bogus - not sure what the problem is with that).  John noted that he screwed-up his grid position at the start so was re-positioned by the official, and yes, the camera is mounted slightly crooked.

The racer he's chasing for the second half is Conner Blevins on a Kaw ZX-6R.  This race was combined expert+novice with 22 starters on the grid, John finished 5th overall with a best lap of 1:46.961; the overall best lap was 1:44.795 by second place finisher Brandon Cleland on a Yam YZF-R6.  Winner was Carlos Lescale on a YZF-R6.

Man, that was a good clip - thanks for posting!  A couple of notes:

1. Looks like he had lots of motor there - you could see him pulling people round the banking
2. Was that a JUMP(?) 3-4 corners after the straightaway?  Looks like he got air there
3. That track sure looks beat - more tarr snakes (thanks Rev!) than pavement IMHO
4. If you've never had Connie WFO you can see what it's like just as you pass the line - looks like 220 kph at that point

Man very cool clip....The last time I was on the old track was from 1977 thru 1982  memories!!  Yes I was there on Friday Oct 21 to get a new set of PR3's from Island racing...Lot's of changes since my last set of racing from 1991 thru 1996 ending up on the winning end on the Honda f3......WOW  Thank You!!!!

Re: Hogboy ...
1.  Scroll to the bottom of this page to see detailed results with the bikes others were riding.  The CMRA does not race on the banked turns, hasn't for a couple of decades due to the track condition, but the front straight is banked.

2.  There's wave in the pavement that nets a wheelie / air.

3.  Yes, TWS is very beat, but most of our racers still really like the track layout and the long straight in contrast to most of the tighter tracks we race.  It is a great track for the endurance series.  The CMRA has always raced on a variety of tracks that present, shall we say, "challenges".  Racers from Spies back through Hayden, Edwards, Schwantz, Spencer, Polen, etc that came up from the CMRA claim that the experience of racing on that variety of "challenging" tracks is what helped them become champs.

4.  John was pulling a bit over 150 according to the GPS data.  Nope, never had the Connie near there.

Re: WildKaw ....
From '77 through '82 you, of course, remember racing on the banked turns.  I first started pit-crew for DP Endurance team in '81 with the predecessor CRRC.

Glad y'all enjoyed it ... lots of racers play with cameras these days ... search "CMRA" in youtube to find more.  Come watch the racing next season!

I do track days at Jennings and Roebling Road, but this was a very cool race. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Centex said:
Re: Hogboy ...
1.  Scroll to the bottom of this page to see detailed results with the bikes others were riding.  The CMRA does not race on the banked turns, hasn't for a couple of decades due to the track condition, but the front straight is banked...

LOVE the looks of that Motard class.  Nothing better IMHO than a real mix of engines, displacement, street vs racers vs motard vs MX, etc.  Yes, I did note they were off the lap times of the fatsre classes, btu bet they had just as much fun!

Hogboy said:
LOVE the looks of that Motard class.  Nothing better IMHO than a real mix of engines, displacement, street vs racers vs motard vs MX, etc.  Yes, I did note they were off the lap times of the fatsre classes, btu bet they had just as much fun!

Check out the just-posted 2012 CMRA Rule Book to see what is legal in Motard and Clubman classes ... you might get a kick out of that.

The 2012 Race Schedule is also posted so come see us if you are in the neighborhood.  I can be found working the racer registration desk at every event - that's the place to come for event info for anyone and to pick-up a daily event schedule.

Note that we have in event in Cresson, just south of Ft Worth, the weekend before the COG National ... a perfect side-trip on the way to Eureka Springs.  I'll be making the run from Cresson to Arkansas on Monday morning June 11  ;D  :motonoises: