• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Coast Range Ramble XV

stevem

I am hosting my 15th annual Coast Range Ramble Saturday June 9th. Same route as last year (Eugene to the Coast and back on back roads), same breakfast as the previous many, many years :) See the Calendar of Events for details.

Steve

Phil,
Glad you're gonna make it! A bunch of the usual suspects will be here. Let's hope the rainy forecast is just fake news.

Rob Campbell has informed me that due to circumstances beyond his control he won't be coming. Bill Hawley is hinting that rain may curtail his enthusiasm for going. I've decided I'm going hell or falling water. My guest (Son) say's if I'm going he's going and will blame me later for any misery incurred.
So see you there ;D

Another great Ramble! My Son Ray and I left home at 6 am and arrived at Steve and Rhonda's place about 8:40 in time for their delicious breakfast. Six riders began the Ramble, down from the expected number because of the threat of rain. But I would estimate that rain only affected 15% of the ride from Steve's to the restaurant in Yachats Most of the rain Ray & I encountered was leaving, and arriving home in Rogue River. Ray and I clocked 487 miles for the day through some of the most gorgeous scenery in all of Oregon.
Thanks, Steve & Rhonda for hosting another great ride!

Yup, the Fifteenth Annual Coast Range Ramble is history. Definitely drier than last year;)  Marv and Sonja Ambuehl drove down from Portland to deliver a smoked salmon fillet, above and beyond the call for an AAD. Breakfast was the usual feast of French toast, chicken-apple sausages, fruit, and copious quantities of coffee.

The ride itself was pleasant, not much traffic, no mishaps or performance awards. Six riders: myself, Leonard Heflin, Dave Fors, John Williams, Bob Mergaert (CBX Bob) and his son Raymond. Len and John continued south to Reedsport for their vittles while the rest of us enjoyed the traditional fish and chips at LeRoy’s Blue Whale in Yachats.

I love this ride (I do it myself a handful of times each year) and will continue to offer it as a yearly COG event. Hope to see some newbies next year!

Attachments

• CRR XV_1.jpg
    CRR XV_1.jpg
    277.1 KB · Views: 111
  • CRR XV_2.jpg
    CRR XV_2.jpg
    398.3 KB · Views: 110
  • CRR XV_3.jpg
    CRR XV_3.jpg
    218.3 KB · Views: 114