• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Cobra F1-s Mufflers SOLD

connie_rider

I have a set of Cobra F1-s mufflers that I intend to sell on Ebay soon.
Last time I saw these sold on Ebay they went for over $200..
Before I do the Ebay thing, I'm offering them to any COGger that is interested for $175/shipped..
Is anyone interested?

On these mufflers,,,,,
The F1-s stickers were removed and the aluminum is polished.
They have a Recent repack... (I'll include material for the next repack)
End from header to mufflers will be re-painted satin black before I ship them.
Both mufflers have gaskets in them and will slide onto your Connies exhaust.
The 2 Cobra's weigh less than 1 stock muffler.

I can't seem to get the photo's to attach, but I will send them to someone from my phone,,, if anyone can post the photo's for me?

NOTE: Cobra Mufflers are not quiet. Many don't like them. I do.....
But they do sound awesome when you twist the loud handle...
I have dyno plots of stock/baffelectomy/(these) Cobra mufflers

Ride safe, Ted

Last edited:
I replied to Bob with additional info on the mufflers.
He hasn't made a decision yet. To be fair, I'll give him first dibs.
If either of you want to see photo's, pm me a Cell number and I'll send pics.

Ride safe, Ted

I think I've decided to sell my remaining set of Cobra's and go back to stock/baffelectomied mufflers.
I had 2 sets. (Bob purchased one of them)
Is anyone interested?

NOTE: On this set, I added a small internal muffler chamber {to quieten and add a little back pressure} Works well but still pretty loud.
They were repacked recently.

Saw this one on Ebay to give you an idea of what Cobra's look like.

Ride safe, Ted

Last edited:
These are a little throatier on idle. I leave the house at 7am and I am quieter than the neighbors diesel truck in the morning. Give the throttle a twist and this is when they sound good with a growl. Not as loud as most aftermarket Harley pipes, I don't think the are obtrusive at all. LEO won't even give you a second look, unless you have strict noise ordinances and you happen upon him when you have the throttle opened up.

Earlier I sold another set of stock Cobra's. This is another set.

On this set, I added an internal muffler chamber and Ceramic packing. The extra work mellowed out the sound a bit.
(According to my dyno). It also gave me better low-end torque, smoothed the torque curve, and gave me a Hp or 2 over stock at WOT.
If anyone is interested, they are still available.
Asking $150/shipped.

Ride safe, Ted

Last edited:
I'm interested, and could pick up locally. I couldn't find specs on these, how long are they? I mostly want to make sure they don't heat up the luggage during traffic.

I've had Cobra Mufflers on 3 of my C-10's. Never had a problem with heat.
They are longer than stock.
So, they may be cooler than stock (??) {because the exhaust exit port is behind the bags instead of under them}.

Last edited:
No problem with heat, make sure your bags aren't sagging on the stock mufflers and you will be fine. Nice throaty sound. Thanks Ted!