• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

COG North Central Annual Banquet [MN]

MuddyWaters

Bold North AAD
On Saturday, January 12th 2019 we will ring in the COG New Year with our annual banquet and planning session.

All COG members and friends are welcome.

This year’s gathering will be held at Al Vento, a locally owned Minneapolis restaurant serving the fantastic flavors of Southern Italy. Socializing will start at 6:00 pm with food and fun to follow a bit later.

On the menu, will be salads served with focaccia bread and your choice of Chicken Piccatta, Spaghetti and meatballs or Fettucine. For desert we will enjoy vanilla bean crème brulee or Tiramisu. Coffee and soft drinks are included. After dinner we will have a brief session to do some planning for the upcoming year and there will likely be some swag to give away.

For those coming in from out of town, the restaurant is approximately 8 miles from the Mall of America where there are numerous hotels.

The cost is $25.00 per person and online registration is required an is done on the Calendar of Events. https://tinyurl.com/2019NCABanquet

Online registration closes on Monday, January 7th.

Restaurant Address:
Al Vento
5001 34th Avenue South
Minneapolis MN 55417

http://www.alventorestaurant.com/

markpgavin said:
Brian et al

Nice choice of venue.  I am all registered, looking forward to my first COG banquet. 

Mark

Mark,

I am glad you can join us and I will be glad to see you.  It is a nice a venue. Linda and I had dinner there Saturday evening and it was excellent.

Carol Lynn and I are signed up and looking forward to seeing everyone.
Thanks for making this happen Brian.

Only 6 people registered with a little over a week before the deadline. (!)
Get signed up and join us for Dinner and camaraderie.

Delaine and I will be there. I signed both of us up today. Sounds like a nice venue. Comfort food for a normal Minnesota January evening.  :great:

To repeat what Tom said, sign up now. We need more folks to make the decisions for the upcoming riding season. Remember, if you don't want to add any opinions on the ride schedule, please don't bother to bitch about it. This is also a great time to see everyone. For those of you that don't have any other winter time activities, talking to other COG members can help with the PMS. It's either this or you're doomed to sitting on a cold motorcycle in your garage and making motor noises. Oh wait, I guess I do that too.

I would like to make it but my truck is running like crap and can’t do freeway speeds, have to wait till the 14th to get an appointment at the dealer.
Count me in on leading/hosting the spring ride and Back to the Shack.

Good to see Jim, aka Cookie, is full of spunk. Even though I trembled a bit when reading his post,  I will not be attending the banquet. All kidding aside, Jim, I do hope you are doing well.  It would be nice to BS with everyone, but there are some things here holding me back.
Roger Anderson, I will have to make a special trip up to pick up that C10 rear tire assembly. Will be in contact. 

likesbikes said:
I would like to make it but my truck is running like crap and can’t do freeway speeds, have to wait till the 14th to get an appointment at the dealer.

Randy, don't make me pick you up and give you a ride to the Banquet.....because I will!

Kim, I'm just trying to rally the troops. We had an excellent turnout for last year's banquet. It would be nice to have a large crowd again
Too bad you can't make it. If you change your mind, we have a place for you and Sue to spend the night. I even have a couple of Coors Lights in the refridge. We can get more, too. It's packaged well, so it won't contaminate the good beer.

FYI, I'm doing fine for now. Some of the symptoms are increasing and I'm sure the internal war is ramping up. I'll know more on 2/21. Right now, it's hard to make plans for the summer. For now, I feel pretty good. I've been out skiing eight times and I'm going to Germany and Austria in late January for a ski trip. Time to get it in now before things change.

Hope to see a lot of folks at the banquet.

ZG/ZN Kim said:
Good to see Jim, aka Cookie, is full of spunk. Even though I trembled a bit when reading his post,  I will not be attending the banquet. All kidding aside, Jim, I do hope you are doing well.  It would be nice to BS with everyone, but there are some things here holding me back.
Roger Anderson, I will have to make a special trip up to pick up that C10 rear tire assembly. Will be in contact.

That is too bad you are not going to make it.  I had already arranged with the venue make sure they had Busch on hand.

For others that are on the fence, I need you jump off the fence and signup by Monday. I need to give the restaurant a count early next week. 

Cookie , I'm always happy to see you!!!

Kim, No worries... I put your name on it.  Maybe now I can ride to the dinner?!?!?!?

Tundra Tom said:
likesbikes said:

Randy, don't make me pick you up and give you a ride to the Banquet.....because I will!

Hey Tom, if you are passing by I’ll take you up on a ride.

At 47 ' we should be fine.  I 'll just slip it over my shoulders and .... Oh Oh ... maybe I'll drive any way.    ;)

CU all at the dinner, and then at the 'show' in February. 

Brian,

Thanks for pulling the banquet together. Our trip went well.
You know I had not won any SWAG for quite sometime at a event. I managed to win a box of chocolates at this event?
I am going to talk with our AD, about filling your treasure trove with some real motorcycle SWAG.

ZG/ZN Kim said:
Brian,

Thanks for pulling the banquet together. Our trip went well.
You know I had not won any SWAG for quite sometime at a event. I managed to win a box of chocolates at this event?
I am going to talk with our AD, about filling your treasure trove with some real motorcycle SWAG.

What? You don't like chocolate?
Next year, maybe I will have a bigger budget and not have to scrounge the clearance aisle for give away stuff. 
I am glad you and Sue were able to make it.