• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

COGgers going to the National Rally July 2019

COGnosticator

I plan on going to this years National, my neck should be good by then.  My plan is to leave on Saturday and arrive in Williamsport on Sunday.  I am not sure of my route.

Wondering who from the southeast is going, and what your schedule is.  Jean isn't going this year so I will be riding by myself but would be nice to ride with one or two others.

Also looking for someone who wants to share a room from Sunday through Thursday nights.  I will head home on Friday.

We're going. My wife is from the central PA area, so we're doing a slightly extended family visit, too. Still deciding if we're riding or trailering a bike. We've got reservations at the Genetti, so no camping this time.

ron203 said:
We're going. My wife is from the central PA area, so we're doing a slightly extended family visit, too. Still deciding if we're riding or trailering a bike. We've got reservations at the Genetti, so no camping this time.

If I wind up going by myself, I will trailer my bike also.  Damn I am getting old  ;D

ron203 said:

Two toring bikes and your thinking about trailering? It’s not like you have a Moto Guzzi. 😎

MotoCommuter said:
ron203 said:

Two toring bikes and your thinking about trailering? It’s not like you have a Moto Guzzi. 😎

We're "adults" so we can do what we want.  :nananana:

MotoCommuter said:

Well I have had the Griso for 13 months, sooooo, I am trying to work a deal to trade it for a 2014 Norge. If so I will definitely ride to the National.  ST model with 6 gallon gas tank versus 4.5 gallon, and at 35 mpg that is a big difference  :great:  :nananana:

COGnosticator said:
MotoCommuter said:

Well I have had the Griso for 13 months, sooooo, I am trying to work a deal to trade it for a 2014 Norge. If so I will definitely ride to the National.  ST model with 6 gallon gas tank versus 4.5 gallon, and at 35 mpg that is a big difference  :great:  :nananana:

I’ve always have like the Norge. 13 months, must be a record for you.

Looks like the header pipes double as tipover bars. You get the brown one, you might need get some stripes or something. Nice review here  https://ridermagazine.com/2015/01/15/2014-moto-guzzi-norge-gt-8v-road-test-review/                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     

ron203 said:
Looks like the header pipes double as tipover bars. You get the brown one, you might need get some stripes or something. Nice review here  https://ridermagazine.com/2015/01/15/2014-moto-guzzi-norge-gt-8v-road-test-review/                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   

It is the brown one, but looks black in the picture he gave me.  We are pretty close to a deal  :)  and he is in Orlando so a trip with my trailer may be in my sights this weekend  :great:

img-8010.jpg

COGnosticator said:
ron203 said:

It is the brown one, but looks black in the picture he gave me.  We are pretty close to a deal  :)  and he is in Orlando so a trip with my trailer may be in my sights this weekend  :great:

Orlando? Maybe I should check it out for me.  :rotflmao:

Jerry, I'd offer a place to flop but we are leaving this weekend for AZ and SoCal. Gotta put some more miles on the Roadtrek and the Versys.

SteveJ. said:
Orlando? Maybe I should check it out for me.  :rotflmao:

Jerry, I'd offer a place to flop but we are leaving this weekend for AZ and SoCal. Gotta put some more miles on the Roadtrek and the Versys.

Damn, didn't mean to run you out of town  :D

Thanks for the offer Steve, but if I go it will be a down and back.  I rode my C14 to Orlando a few years ago and traded it for the Speed Triple then rode home, not a bad day of riding.

I am almost sure I am going to pass, although basically we would trade bikes even  :-\ and I would get a bike with 1,300 miles on it, and $3,000 of farkels not installed, for only $2,000  Almost too good to pass up

What's not to like about that deal?  $3000 worth of extras for $2000.  Almost no miles?  Hop on it Jerry!  You know you want to! ;D

How did this thread go from "who's going to the nat" to "all about Jerry"?  :nananana: :rotflmao:

I agree with Bud...jump on it!

Bud said:
What's not to like about that deal?  $3000 worth of extras for $2000.  Almost no miles?  Hop on it Jerry!  You know you want to! ;D

It is killing me.

NADA his bike is 9,000
My bike is 5,995. 

I was going to trade him my bike plus $600 and he was good with that. Then he threw the farkle deal at me and I was like  :-\

Shawn said:
How did this thread go from "who's going to the nat" to "all about Jerry"?  :nananana: :rotflmao:

I agree with Bud...jump on it!

I started the thread so  :nananana:  LOL

This is still about me going to the national, just trying to hash out what bike I will be riding  :motonoises:

Back to the original topic.... ::)

;D

Anyone gets into mechanical trouble coming up through the WV panhandle, give me a holler. Trailer, tools, something cold and an extra bed if needed.
Unless I'm moving south at that time, then y'all pretty well screwed. :D

(come on new job...)

millerized said:

;D

Anyone gets into mechanical trouble coming up through the WV panhandle, give me a holler. Trailer, tools, something cold and an extra bed if needed.

(come on new job...)

SOOOOOOOO......
are you gonna make the national? I'm still looking for someone to split a room with....
Jerry and I would get into wayyyyyy too much trouble sharing a room... (we used to share the "little green house on the hill" at RWTW...whew, it was "party central")....we'ed prolly both end up in "the cross-bar Hotel" within the first day....

Jorge and I are not going to make it this year.  So much is going on with our son, daughter in-law and granddaughter with their move to Africa, that we just can't make it. 

I have a room reserved under my name.  If someone wants it, please let me know ASAP that way I can see about transferring the reservation to your name.

Irene

MAN OF BLUES said:
millerized said:

;D

(come on new job...)

SOOOOOOOO......
are you gonna make the national? I'm still looking for someone to split a room with....
Jerry and I would get into wayyyyyy too much trouble sharing a room... (we used to share the "little green house on the hill" at RWTW...whew, it was "party central")....we'ed prolly both end up in "the cross-bar Hotel" within the first day....

LOL, we are a lot older now, so it wouldn't be too bad.  I am still planning on going and sharing a room would work for me, but it has to have two beds  LOL  I won't know until the end of May though, when I go back to the doctor about my neck.

funsize said:
Jorge and I are not going to make it this year.  So much is going on with our son, daughter in-law and granddaughter with their move to Africa, that we just can't make it. 

I have a room reserved under my name.  If someone wants it, please let me know ASAP that way I can see about transferring the reservation to your name.

Irene

Bummer........ :'(

COGnosticator said:
MAN OF BLUES said:
millerized said:

;D

(come on new job...)

SOOOOOOOO......

LOL, we are a lot older now, so it wouldn't be too bad.  I am still planning on going and sharing a room would work for me, but it has to have two beds  LOL  I won't know until the end of May though, when I go back to the doctor about my neck.

count me in Bro, I know we get along just fine... I'm in. :nananana: :motonoises: :great:

Oh, we need 2 beds, AND a couch.... for watchin' vids, and for all the Hookers..I mean, "neck masseuses" ..wait, I didn't say that. I meant "guests" :beerchug: :great: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Very minimal chance.
Not zero, but well under 50%.

MAN OF BLUES said:
millerized said:

;D

(come on new job...)

SOOOOOOOO......

MAN OF BLUES said:
count me in Bro, I know we get along just fine... I'm in. :nananana: :motonoises: :great:

Sounds good, early registration for the rally ends 5-31, I will have my decision by that date and let you know.

Leaving Orlando Sat a.m.....overnight hotel around Statesville....95/26/77....rally camping @ Riverside campground.

Worksux will likely put the Ki-bosh on my attendance also.

June and July are the first vacation picks to get grabbed up,
and I'm running out of useful organs to barter...  my liver
being one of them ain't worth $h!+.  :(

I won't stop trying though.  >:D

funsize said:

Irene

I just spotted this post, Irene.
If the reservation is still available, I’d be interested. I was hoping to meet you and Jorge, since my bike now has the carbs and torque cams from his 2005. I think that makes you it’s birth parents.
Some other time, I hope.

Anyway, I’ll PM you too.

We're leaving Friday and heading up 220 for a good chunk of the trip. We plan on taking it easy and not pushing too much and gettting to Williamsport by Sunday.