• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Colorado Fall color ride

jdcjdcjd

Bicycle
I am planning a fall color ride although I don't have a firm date as yet.  It will either be Sept 22 or 29th and I should know which in a day or two from this posting.  I am planning a 288 mile loop including Kremmling, Gore Pass and State bridge as way points. I live in Silverthorne but will start the ride in Golden and finish up at my place in Silverthorne for post ride refreshments and camaraderie. Let me know if your interested and I will be posting the date in a few days.

JD Cunningham said:
I am planning a fall color ride although I don't have a firm date as yet.  It will either be Sept 22 or 29th and I should know which in a day or two from this posting.  I am planning a 288 mile loop including Kremmling, Gore Pass and State bridge as way points. I live in Silverthorne but will start the ride in Golden and finish up at my place in Silverthorne for post ride refreshments and camaraderie. Let me know if your interested and I will be posting the date in a few days.

OK, the date will be Saturday Sept 22.  Let me know if you will attend.  The meeting place will be the large Park and Ride lot in Golden off Morrison Rd on the NW corner (also known as the Wolly Mammoth lot).  The lot is very large so you need to be on the far west end by the Conoco station.  If you do not see the Conoco station across the street from you, then you are in the wrong location in the lot.    The meeting time will be 7AM.  I will have my cell phone with me 970-389-0223.  See ya there.

I believe that I'm in too! I'll have to check look at a map and see where I can meet up with you since I'll be coming from Montrose (that's on the  "uncrowded" side of the hill).

I just put a post on the South Central forum, I'm thinking about heading up through Pagosa Springs and Wolf Creek pass on the weekend of Sept 15th.

Hi Jim, that sounds like a great ride! I may have to be a last minute addition, however. I've got a tennis tournament that weekend. If I'm doing well, I won't join you. If i get knocked off early, I'll need something to take my mind off the match!  ;)  I'll be in touch!

UPDATE:  The colors in the mountains are really reving up now and should peak in another week or so.  So that bodes well for lots of color on the ride this next Saturday.  Let's hope for a sunny day!

JD

JD was about ready to pull out of the parking lot when I get there...we waited for a while longer...and, talked about motorcycles...of course!  We figured nobody else was coming...so, we modified the route a little, and headed out...I ended up riding about 330 miles...and, only about 10 miles or so was freeway!  Great roads JD!  Smoke haze was everywhere...first pic is JD at Loveland Pass...other pics are around Green Mountain Reservoir...the colors were great...although, we had more fun riding than taking pics! :motonoises:

Attachments

• COG Fall Colors 2012 001.jpg
    COG Fall Colors 2012 001.jpg
    346.7 KB · Views: 97
  • COG Fall Colors 2012 002.jpg
    COG Fall Colors 2012 002.jpg
    341.9 KB · Views: 100
  • COG Fall Colors 2012 003.jpg
    COG Fall Colors 2012 003.jpg
    348.3 KB · Views: 99
  • COG Fall Colors 2012 004.jpg
    COG Fall Colors 2012 004.jpg