• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Columbia Gorge rides

kirk6296

If anyone is looking for a great ride in the Gorge area, shoot me a message. Sundays generally are my free day to ride. I've got some great rides in this area that you will love.

Cap

Love that area, hoping to get down there more this year! Rowena curves and Maryhill seems too popular so would love to find some new roads!

Living in the area, I know much better than that! Come on down and let's ride.

Feel free to post up the rides here on the calendar so we can ride! Also some of the guys I ride with use Meetup (Cascade Riders group) and I can post there too to get a few more.

Ok, I'm going to put something on the calendar .. this is an informal ride that will start in The Dalles, OR, across and down into Mosier, across the bridge at Hood River and work it's way up hwy 141 towards Mt. Adams, turn NE and and head towards Glenwood WA, then finally twist its way down the Klickitat river canyon towards Lyle WA, and finally end up in White Salmon WA. This is a truly amazing ride, and a great way to experience a part of the Northwest, and the Gorge that you will likely never hear about.

I will post a map of the full trip, but expect about a 3 hour ride with a stop in Glenwood for lunch.

The tentative date is Sunday, July 18th, leaving from The Dalles, OR and ending up in White Salmon, WA.

If interested, please chime in. If I have to ride alone, then so be it :)

Last edited:
Have a great ride that weekend! I'm out as we will be in Bend for some mountain biking.

But if you can please share the route or maybe post another date as I do want to explore some roads down there more!

Last edited:
I might well accept your offer.
You can text me at 509.310.3312, or email me at kirk@gorgeon.com and we can set the plan details if you are game. I've thrown an invite out on a FB riders group as well, and getting some interest. I did the ride yesterday, and it's truly spectacular! Lots of twisties, geat views, and not much traffic to boot.. what can be better :)