• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Compact nautilus air horn install

Konehead34

So we all know the stock horn just plane sucks.

I had installed the Stebel dual horn set up in the stock location using the stock 'Y' horn bracket, and after a couple years i found it lacking in ummmph.

Having had an nautilus on my c10, i was wanting that 'wake up and smell the coffee' response from others when i hit the button. So i find a great deal on a new un-installed unit from a cog member here on the forum, but ( and heres the proverbial question) where does one mount it. There were some ideas here on the forum, and most required seperating the compresor from the horn, which if u have/had an older unit was easily done.

Not so with the new ones. Seems that Stebel wanted in on some of that $$ and has a seperated kit. So the newer units are now epoxied together. With a little patience and careful prying, they can be seperated without too much danage to the horn.

So mounting the compressor was simple, i choose the left side under the glove box as my right side void is taken up.by the Rostra cc unit and my auxiliary fuse block.

Now for the creative part. I just didnt like the way it looked hanging off the stock horn location. And after some poking around i took off the citylight panel. U know the one held in With 4 push pin rivets, that allow u to gain access to the city light bulbs. (Yes i swapped stock for led).

Lo and behold theres a huge void underneath (or would it be above) that panel, just the right amount to stuff the horn in there. I ran air line and found the correct sized fittings at Lowes.

I did have to do some trimming to that panel to allow the open end of the horn to sound all its might, otherwise it would have been like a trumpet with a reverb horn jammed in its horn. Works great, and yes i have it wired up with a relay. Best part is its nearly waterproofed with its mounting locations,.compressor and horn.

Attachments

• 16368486045972534855739143802278.jpg
    16368486045972534855739143802278.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 126