• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Comprehensive MC Link List

Topster

Here is a link to a site which has hundreds of links to MC related sites. Never saw so many links to some many different MC sites before.

http://www.davidst.com/motorcycle_links.html

Enjoy...

This could be very handy to folk. I am going to move this to the say anything section and sticky the thread. I think there is lots of useful information for all to use. Nice find Jerry!

Here, we'll just add it to our thread! I doubt I can do anything to add it to the links website! But I bet someone can figure out a way to contact that site for an addition, though :)

www.concours.org

www.cog-online.org

Given the number of broken/ outdated links in that list I don't think any changes are going to be made. So let's start our own!

Parts, Gear and Accessories (fancy word for farkles):
The first place to look is  here: Murphs' Kits - Welcome to Murphs' Kits Online Store
If Murph does not have a part you need, I have found Ronayers.com Ron Ayers Motorsports to be a good online source. However I find it easier to first find the part at Brock Delp's '99 Kawasaki Concours Microfiche, click the link in the parts list to go to Ron Ayers listing for that part. Then find your year if it is different.
Motorcycle Covers & Golf Cart Cover - Formosa Covers.com
MotorcycleGear.com (the new name of New Enough) :: Motorcycle Jackets, Helmets, Gloves, Boots, Luggage, Parts and More!
McMaster-Carr - Item 5552k26
Visit Whitehorse Gear & Whitehorse Press - Whitehorse Gear
Saddlebag Liners & Touring Accessories by: tlcproducts
Lascar Electronics - EMV1200 - Panel Voltmeter - Allied Electronics and Lascar Electronics - EMT1900 - Panel Thermometer - Allied Electronics
Bergmen Engineering - Welcome
Shoodaben Engineering
Throttlemeister - Home

Motorcycle Blogs, photo albums, and personal sites:
The Kneeslider — Motorcycle News for Positive People
Cafe racers, custom motorcycles and bobbers
Motorcycle Photo Of The Day
A site where users upload there own pics, like photo bucket, but motorcycle specific: BikePics
Pipeburn - Purveyors of Classic Motorcycles, Cafe Racers & Custom motorbikes
Brock Delp's Kawasaki Concours ZG1000 Page
Concours 2001 Farkles
shinya kimura @ chabott engineering
And my rides blog: Ride New England USA
My gallery: WillyP's Gallery

Forums and Clubs:
Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums
Adventure Rider Motorcycle Forum
New England Riders
Total Motorcycle Forums

Another links page: Favorite Motorcycle Links - I Ride My Own
How to make your own carb balancing tool (water manometer): Moto Guzzi Club GB

The members area of cog-online has a web links section.  I can add to it with some of this stuff or we can remove it and we all make something here on the forums.  I have not gotten much feedback or additions to the one over there for a while.

For my part the most useful list would have  "Mom & Pop" metric shops with address, phone number, web page if  any, etc.

Ok staaaart here:

1. Great Plains, 2542 N 27th, 402-467-4126, close to I-80, maybe 2 miles or so, new owners. been around a long time

2. Lincoln Cycle & ATV,  3320 Cornhusker Hwy, 402-464-5551, will give out of towners priority, also close to I-80. also long time around here.

3. HVC Cycle  402-817-4795 360 SW 25th, west side of town close to I-80 and Hwy 77, tricky to find, southwest corner area  of major intersection, don't know anything about these folks

DW said:
For my part the most useful list would have  "Mom & Pop" metric shops with address, phone number, web page if  any, etc.

Ok staaaart here:

1. Great Plains, 2542 N 27th, 402-467-4126, close to I-80, maybe 2 miles or so, new owners. been around a long time

2. Lincoln Cycle & ATV,  3320 Cornhusker Hwy, 402-464-5551, will give out of towners priority, also close to I-80. also long time around here.

3. HVC Cycle  402-817-4795 360 SW 25th, west side of town close to I-80 and Hwy 77, tricky to find, southwest corner area  of major intersection, don't know anything about these folks

Now that's a great idea- I'm all for it!  Would also be great if, like the link posted not too long ago for dealers, this list could be ported to a POI file for download to GPS!  While I don't mind going to dealers, it's kind of like the difference between staying at a Motel 6 or a Bed & Breakfast.  I'll go for the shop that treats you like a person and isn't afraid to get to know you any day.  And it promotes small business/Mom&Pop shops.  :clap: