• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Concourier

Tundra said:
The CONCOURIER Fall 2019 edition... Nice read, good job!
Thanks! And thanks to all of the contributors, without whom the magazine would turn into a leaflet. :)

Concur completely.

This copy of Concourier is a great read.
And.......  after looking at it for a while..... I realized......I'm on the cover.
How cool is that? Gonna buy 5 copies for mother!
Nah, but I am gonna frame and hang on my garage wall.

But seriously......
I am relatively new to COG.
The rally was a life time first for me. Over the years I've been to a lot Flat Track, Super bike and
couple MotoGP races.... but never a rally.

I figured,  I'm not getting any younger, ( 63) so I just jumped up and went at the las minute.
  The C10 was in pieces the day before I left... so I rode the old orange KZ650 for the week...
    I'm was more familiar / comfortable with it. I have since put some decent miles on the C10.
      We're developing our relationship.... I wish she wasnt so dang hot blooded..I

Attending the rally was a spur of the moment thing for me....
I got there 2 days late, didn't know anyone, didn't know what to do etc.
But it worked out great....Thanks to the orgnaziation and planning that was put into it..
but more importantly thanks to the kindness and hospitality of the COG members.

I had a blast.

Thanks to my fellow cover boys, the guys from MA,  Rick, Paul and Ed,
who were gracious enough to let me ride with them to the museum on Wednesday
and spend the rest of the day just having a good time

Thanks to the campers, Dave and Jean for your help and hospitality.
Thanks to Jenn for the lively conversation, and the Mixn' Gas T Shirt. I LOVE it
Thanks to Gary and Leo for inviting me to ride along to the Canyon.
Thanks to Guy and MOB for the fun discussion of our favorite Blues Artists at the hotel bar.

My wife and I hope to make to the next one... it will be a stretch for us, but one can always hope.

I'm glad I bought that old C10.
It gave me reason to join COG.

Best to all.
Bob Sizemore

^^^^^^
Like ;D

Nice post Bob, hope you can make it to Vancouver, WA.

2020 GATEWAY TO THE GORGE

Bob said:
This copy of Concourier is a great read.
And.......  after looking at it for a while..... I realized......I'm on the cover.
How cool is that? Gonna buy 5 copies for mother!
Nah, but I am gonna frame and hang on my garage wall.

Bob, I would have named everyone had I known when the issue went to press. Thanks for helping identify who made the front cover. I thought it was a great shot that captures what COG is all about: camaraderie, great riding, and a growing diversity of bikes of all makes and models such as your KZ650 on the front and the CanAm Spyder on the back. No one should be surprised that one day we may have a Concourier cover with only a non-Connie on it.

Glad you enjoyed the rally. I know that I'm hooked and will be in Washington next June if at all possible.

Always Young said:
I haven't seen hide nor hair of my copy yet. Must be snail mail in my neighbourhood.  :mad:
You definitely should have seen it by now...my mail copy arrived (Tampa suburb) a week ago.

Swampcat said:
Always Young said:
I haven't seen hide nor hair of my copy yet. Must be snail mail in my neighbourhood.  :mad:
You definitely should have seen it by now...my mail copy arrived (Tampa suburb) a week ago.
I just renewed my membership a couple weeks ago and I suspect I missed a cutoff for the mailing of the latest Concourier.  Is there any way to get one sent to my address?  I'm current with my information in the Membership (Memberize?) portal.

Thanks for anything that can be done!

Hey Runnerb0y, if you like I’ll send you mine. I’m done with it. Send message with address and I’ll take care of you.

Cali Cruiser said:
Hey Runnerb0y, if you like I’ll send you mine. I’m done with it. Send message with address and I’ll take care of you.
Cali Cruiser,

That's a mighty nice offer and since I'm big into reducing and recycling, I'd be thrilled if you sent your used copy my way.  I'll hop on over to the PM screen and send you a note with my address.

Thanks again!!

~Jeff

Swampcat, thanks for sending another copy to me. The original one showed up the day before yours did.  ::)Talk about snail mail. Unfortunately that picture of the Spyder on the back was not me but I was there for the RWTW rally. Bugnut did get a picture of me with a follow rider. I'm the Spyder with the COG sticker on the windshield at the rallies. I ran into my old 2012 C14 at the rally again and am happy to see that it's bringing many smiles and miles to James. Looking forward to the next get together.

Put me in the Concourier fan group column too!  When I joined COG last summer I was expecting copies to be of the printed out on an Officejet and hand-stapled variety, so I've been pleasantly surprised at the quality of the content and the slickness of the publication itself. 

Keep up the good work gang!

Kreton'sLC said:
Put me in the Concourier fan group column too!  When I joined COG last summer I was expecting copies to be of the printed out on an Officejet and hand-stapled variety, so I've been pleasantly surprised at the quality of the content and the slickness of the publication itself. 

Keep up the good work gang!

+1; outstanding publication!