• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Concours (C14) Fender Extenders Front and Rear

Larry, Have you touched base with Murph? He may be able to rep your stuff and ease the controversy. Just throwing it out there. It seems you have a good product to offer and maybe a rep is the way to go.

MOB - the American way would be to provide a comparable or superior product and sell it for less or the same money.

Blue One - I don't have your product but am a fan of quality and motorcycle accessories that make people happy. This club makes me happy so I would like to offer to pay your dues for one year. I am an assistant area director and marketing officer for COG. Would love to have you as a member.

faisalpetro@yahoo.com

:beerchug:

Blue One said:
Fais said:
MOB - the American way would be to provide a comparable or superior product and sell it for less or the same money.

Blue One - I don't have your product but am a fan of quality and motorcycle accessories that make people happy. This club makes me happy so I would like to offer to pay your dues for one year. I am an assistant area director and marketing officer for COG. Would love to have you as a member.

faisalpetro@yahoo.com

:beerchug:

I appreciate the offer.  I'm not sure how I feel about accepting your offer. I have my reasons for not being a member mostly due to the fact that I don't own a Concours and don't have a lot to contribute beyond the 2 fender extenders I make.
I ride, although not as much anymore for various reasons.
Something to consider. Thanks.
Larry  :beerchug:

I mean, the membership comes with no burdens. The card doesn't even weigh that much - and you don't have to carry it anyway. Best of luck, Sir.

I'll donate the full cost of Industry Member Membership to charity in the name of COG. You can take comfort in that.

- Fais

COG - Join for the bike, stay for the people  :great:

Larry has been offered a generous offer from our Marketing Officer to become an Industry Member at no cost for a year at Fais' expense!

The forum subscriber now has the action to officially accept or deny the offer. Some members do not own a Concours, but they value and support the purposes of the club. If Larry accepts the offer or decides to not actively market his offering here at the COG forum, that is entirely his decision now.

Larry did respond that he is a member of another forum and he markets his wares there. I know that most of the COG membership would appreciate his reciprocity here and give him their business.

This thread is locked until we have a decision from Larry.

Craig

Blue One said:
I'm a member now so everyone should be happy. Merry Christmas to all  :beerchug:
Larry.

Welcome Larry - sorry you missed my offer but we are all glad to welcome you and because of you I will donate $40 to our wonderful Over The Pond program. I'll post a receipt when it's available.

Cheers and welcome  :beerchug:

Welcome Larry!  If anyone posted comments about Larry's not being a member, please self moderate your comments now, as Larry has joined as an Industry Member. Please advise if you are unable to self moderate due to the 30 day lockout on altering posts from the past.

Craig

Welcome Larry & Thanks. Looking forward to your continued support as a COG Industry Member.

Hey Larry,

The NW area Bun Cooler is in May. If you like great motorcycle roads, good food and meet some pretty nice people, come join us. Details will be on the calendar as the time approaches. There will be other bikes there besides Connie's. Questions? Please feel free to PM me. It should not be too hard to find someone to share a room with you. Tim

Stand Up job there Larry. Good on ya! That Bun Cooler event is Old Man recommended if'n you can make it. If ya do I'll buy you a beverage of your choice! :great: :beerchug:

Blue One said:
Thanks guys, now it would be nice if the others would self moderate and remove their posts as asked. I got rid of mine as they are not really relevant to my threads topic  :)

Alan, et al, please go back and edit any derogatory posts about membership, please. That will clean up the thread for our newest IM member.

Thanks! Craig

Hi Larry,
Thanks for coming "on-board" and welcome!!
From reading the thread,  it looks like you make fine products and have made many happy - well done.

And Fais... I'm still.trying to figure out about donating to OtP for 2017. Thanks for the offer.

Ok ya'll,,  Blue One has joined COG as an Industry Member.
His products are top notch..  I have his front Fender Extender and really like it.

Buy your's NOW fer Christmas.  (from him or my Buddy, Murph)

Both support COG thru their Memberships...

Ride safe, Ted

Jorge said:
Hi Larry,
Thanks for coming "on-board" and welcome!!
From reading the thread,  it looks like you make fine products and have made many happy - well done.

And Fais... I'm still.trying to figure out about donating to OtP for 2017. Thanks for the offer.

No rush hermanito - I'll be happy to get the ball rolling whenever it's time  :beerchug:

kv5e said:
Blue One said:
Thanks guys, now it would be nice if the others would self moderate and remove their posts as asked. I got rid of mine as they are not really relevant to my threads topic  :)

Alan, et al, please go back and edit any derogatory posts about membership, please. That will clean up the thread for our newest IM member.

Thanks! Craig

Craig, Now it is your turn.  Will you please remove this one.      Thanks  Alan

Still waiting on the rush of orders that COG membership is sure to bring  ;) 
In any case guys I'm still here and have product ready when you are.  :beerchug:
Larry.

Keep bumping your thread to maintain awareness.  COGers don't do anything until the last minute, and since many are old enough to retire they need constant reminders.

Charlie_Gary_AAD said:
Keep bumping your thread to maintain awareness.  COGers don't do anything until the last minute, and since many are old enough to retire they need constant reminders.

I'll do that  :great:  Maybe they can remember before they need a new rad and not after  :-[  ;D

Hey Blue One.  This thread is enormous....can't imagine reading through it all.  Great products, what's the front and rear together?  Paypal an option?  Thanks much!

PM Blue One for that answer. 

Jim said:
Hey Blue One.  This thread is enormous....can't imagine reading through it all.  Great products, what's the front and rear together?  Paypal an option?  Thanks much!

Jim said:

Sent you an email with details. Yes PayPal is fine.
Larry

Derek said:
PM Blue One for that answer. 

Jim said:

Just replied to your PM as well.  :beerchug:

Jim said:
Got it.  Paid!  Thanks for the quick reply, let's hope that airmail is via jet, not prop....  :)

They are on the way. Sent in the mail on Monday. It all depends on customs and USPS now.  :)
Thanks for the order.
Larry.

While molding up a couple of recent orders I made some extras so they are sitting waiting for new homes  :great:
Larry.

Doesn't matter which one, huggers are all pretty much useless. They may help keep stuff from accumulating towards the front of the rear wheel but do nothing to address the pathetic nature of that tiny triangle that passes itself off as a rear fender.

That's why my rear fender extender is so unique, it turns the fender into an actual functioning unit that helps keep the rear of the bike clean. 

Glued mine on with fender right on the bike about 1200 miles ago and while I lost my hat on the expressway today, the extender is holding fine.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    256.6 KB · Views: 175
alansides said:
Glued mine on with fender right on the bike about 1200 miles ago and while I lost my hat on the expressway today, the extender is holding fine.

At least you didn't lose your head.  Wait a minute  :-[  You said you lost your hat, which must have been stuck someplace on the bike, because surely that head is smart enough to know it should have been inside a helmet. 

Blue One said:
alansides said:

At least you didn't lose your head.  Wait a minute  :-[  You said you lost your hat, which must have been stuck someplace on the bike, because surely that head is smart enough to know it should have been inside a helmet.

Might be foolish to ride without a helmet but down here we are free. Freedom to be stupid is awesome. Freedom is whar riding is all about!

alansides said:
Blue One said:
alansides said:

Might be foolish to ride without a helmet but down here we are free. Freedom to be stupid is awesome. Freedom is whar riding is all about!

I'm free to be stupid in a lot of ways too  :)  There are lots of different ways to be stupid and lots of ways to die too, freedom isn't always a requirement.
I've been in the US where helmets are not required, but I just can't swing my leg over without the helmet on.
Felt like riding naked would feel to you  :rotflmao:

COGnosticator said:
PM coming your way

As I mentioned in your PM your package is on the way. Thanks for the order :beerchug:

While I was at it I molded up a batch so I have a pile of these sitting here waiting for new homes.

I received mine pretty fast and removed the front fender to do the install.

Easy peasy and looks good and I like the extended length to help protect the radiator  :great:  Great job Blue One

COGnosticator said:
I received mine pretty fast and removed the front fender to do the install.

Easy peasy and looks good and I like the extended length to help protect the radiator  :great:  Great job Blue One

No problem glad you like my design. Protection for the rad and also the lower cowl and exhaust pipes/oil filter area.  :beerchug:

I wish you built one for the Ninja 1000. Yes, there is a company who sells extenders, but yours is the only one thats sized, correctly.

rcannon409 said:
I wish you built one for the Ninja 1000. Yes, there is a company who sells extenders, but yours is the only one thats sized, correctly.

Thanks, if I had more time and access to some different models I could make fender extenders for them, as you say sized and styled properly to be functional and to look OEM.

If you happened to build  a ninja 1000 model, it would also fit the zx10r........

I know no one is really into adding weight, to either bike, but your extender is like very much  like having a radiator guard...not having to add that metal guard is a big deal.

I'd like to purchase a front & rear fender extender for my 2016 C14. Let me know how I can contact and pay. Thanks.

Hey Larry, do you make rear wheel "hugger" fenders for the C14? That would be cool. The ones I've seen on other sites are ridiculously expensive.

Bigfoot_16 said:
Hey Larry, do you make rear wheel "hugger" fenders for the C14? That would be cool. The ones I've seen on other sites are ridiculously expensive.

Sorry no, just the only ( and best  ;) ) rear fender extender  made for the C14

Hey Larry could you please PM me contact info that would be easy for my non Concours knowing family members to purchase fender extenders? I want to add your extenders to my Christmas list.  ;)

Grant said:
Hey Larry could you please PM me contact info that would be easy for my non Concours knowing family members to purchase fender extenders? I want to add your extenders to my Christmas list.  ;)

Will do. Thanks and Merry Christmas.

Should be getting the front any day now. Would like to send PayPal for the rear. Just need to know if you have any ready to send out. Are they still $60? I'm thinking the same PayPal as for the front?
If you get me the info I will send by PayPal on 31st.
Thanks
Ken

I wanted to see a picture of  the rear extender?  Could not see any on dialouges - have any pics, anyone? TY! -black 2012

scout said:
I wanted to see a picture of  the rear extender?  Could not see any on dialouges - have any pics, anyone? TY! -black 2012

Along with the pictures at the start of the thread, here is another one.
Larry.

Attachments

• Rearextender1.jpg
    Rearextender1.jpg
    173.9 KB · Views: 243
I'm too lazy to go thru 19 pages of response, so I'll just ask...

Does the rear fender extender greatly interfere with rear tire changes? While  on the bike's centerstand, it's already a challenge to remove the rear wheel with the length of the STOCK rear fender...

Vic said:
I'm too lazy to go thru 19 pages of response, so I'll just ask...

Does the rear fender extender greatly interfere with rear tire changes? While  on the bike's centerstand, it's already a challenge to remove the rear wheel with the length of the STOCK rear fender...

The answer is, yes and no.

First of all how often would you remove the rear wheel at the side of the road, for me that would be never, if I can't plug a tire it's flatbed tow time for me.
So, yes in that situation it would be difficult.

In a shop for a tire change, it isn't  an issue, they use the drop out plate on the hoist to remove the rear tire.

At home in the garage you can put the center stand up on a piece of 2x6 and then tip the bike forward and remove the rear wheel.

Another way is to tip the bike forward and set the front fork ends on a milk crate ( when you have the front wheel off too for a tire change on both ends )

Anyway, for the most part it hasn't proven to be a big issue, and the payoff with the extra function of having a greatly improved rear fender is more than worth it. 

^^^
Blue, that's a good suggestion, and one that makes me realize my problem solving skills are getting rusty in my old age!

I really like the looks of the one Blue One sells, but I can't see myself 'doctoring it surgically' to fit my bike currently, as I have a trailer hitch and brackets mounted.. which would impact it's usage 'as is'...

as it stands, it' is a bit "non P/C" to post stuff like this on an IM's for sale product page, so maybe it needs to be moved to C14 accessories, instead..

just a thought.
Knowing how much 'schmutz' my bike throws up on the rear trunk, I'd still opt for the original Blue One version, as it seems much wider, and more able to keep 'schmutz' off my trunk... and it looks good like it belongs there.

Bowyerv said:
Hello Larry. Sent you a PM last week for a set to Australia. Did you get it? ,😊
Many thanks for your contact. Order made, money paid. Here comes another set on its way to Aus  :beerchug:

Bowyerv said:
Bowyerv said:
Hello Larry. Sent you a PM last week for a set to Australia. Did you get it? ,😊
Many thanks for your contact. Order made, money paid. Here comes another set on its way to Aus  :beerchug:

Well done Bowyerv,I only just now found the supplier of the fender extender,you are on the ball,outstanding.

I received mine yesterday (Wed) after being shipped Friday and they are on the bike. Glad to have the radiator protection and a lot less crud on the back end.

Thanks & great service Larry!

Leo

MtnRider said:
I received mine yesterday (Wed) after being shipped Friday and they are on the bike. Glad to have the radiator protection and a lot less crud on the back end.

Thanks & great service Larry!

Leo

You're welcome Leo, enjoy and ride safe.  Larry

I installed both fender extenders a month ago. I finally "had the chance" to ride in some decent rain yesterday on the way home, 10+ miles in the rain. The front one works like all front extenders thou it is longer than others so has more protection. As far as I know Larry's rear extender is the only one out there. Previously after riding in the rain the back of the bike was covered in dirty crap thrown up by the tire, especially the top case and its lock. With the rear extender the back of the bike was wet, of course, but very little evidence of dirt and other road crap on the back. It didn't look any worse than the rest of the bike's upper parts. I'm extremely happy with its performance.

Excellent product, Larry! Thanks!

Leo

Hi Larry; Thanks for the quick responce and shipping of your front and rear extenders. I'm very pleased with the quality and protection.

Sailor Rich said:
Hi Larry; Thanks for the quick responce and shipping of your front and rear extenders. I'm very pleased with the quality and protection.

You're quite welcome, enjoy and ride safe.  :beerchug:

Went for spirited ride (130 miles) and due to the weather being hot/cold the farmers had really tracked up the roads with what came off of their tires (you can't fault them they are trying to take care of their cattle).  I was really glad to have this addition on my fender since it bought a little piece of mind over dirty roads at speeds that were …...happy.

Good to hear. I have yet to install mine. Did you drill the fender or use some sort of adhesive, or both?

Hexrays said:
Good to hear. I have yet to install mine. Did you drill the fender or use some sort of adhesive, or both?

With my front and rear extenders, follow the instructions and you'll be fine.
The front one is glued on using ABS glue, (the front extender is made from ABS plastic as is the Kawasaki front fender) the rear must be riveted on with the supplied black pop rivets as per instructions (the Kawasaki rear fender is Polypropylene plastic and the extender is ABS so they can't be glued well)

As they say if all else fails read the instructions  :)    :beerchug:

I have the latest orders shipped out, thanks guys.

Molded and ready to go with the latest batch. Get them while they're hot  ;) 

Larry

Blue One said:
Road Runner said:
Interesting as a rear fender from you may be my near future. Thx.

Ready whenever you are.  :great:

Thank you! Unfortunately, some urgent home repair expenses (e.g. leaky roof) have curbed some of my farkle $s for a bit ...  :mad:

Hi Guys, Just a reminder that I'm still offering these fender extenders.  Available and ready to go. 

:great:  Larry.

The back one is great,too. Really keeps the worst of the crud & filth off the back of the bike when riding is sloppy conditions.    :great:

Perfect time for you guys to order your fender extenders.
Mostly because I have time to make them  ;)

Hope everyone is doing well and you’re all safe.

Blue One said:
Shizzle said:
PM sent, no response

Not true, I always reply, your response went to you on the 20th.
It’s you who has made no response. :-[

That's the way to respond to potential customers. Yes, I got your response after 3 days and after I bought elsewhere.

Thanks

Shizzle said:
Blue One said:
Shizzle said:
PM sent, no response

Not true, I always reply, your response went to you on the 20th.
It’s you who has made no response. :-[

That's the way to respond to potential customers. Yes, I got your response after 3 days and after I bought elsewhere.

Thanks

No problem. Impatience gets you nowhere.

I always respond to messages but like everyone else life gets busy occasionally.

Rather than posting trying your best to make me look bad perhaps you should have acknowledged that I did in fact respond to you.

Just so everyone knows, he didn't have the decency to respond that he had received my message.

In the end it's your loss, my fender extenders are available only through me and since you bought elsewhere you bought inferior products.    :))