• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Concours New B

crbusse9870

I just picked up a 2000 Concours as my new larger second bike. I live in Central California. I’ve been on a 2002 KLR for a long time and wanted to be able to keep up with my friends on touring bikes.

When my neighbor finally put his up for sale (he’s 81 and bought it new) I had to get it. It’s pretty clean and has just about 20k miles now.

I cleaned the carbs witch had sad for several years idle. It runs pretty good now but has ancient tires (18 years old).

I got such a good deal on it, my wife says I can put some money in the bike if I want to.

Suggestions? Thank you in advance.

Theres a ton of info on the forum regarding everthing zg1000. (C10) and zg1400 (c14). Obviously u need new tires...start there...

There's videos on you tube about ser v icing and modifications u may want to make for enhanced reliability and rideability. Look fir the ones from shoodaben engineering. He's a cog member and is the man to go to for questions about mechanics.
There's all kinds of.products to.make the ride more comfortable from handlebar risers to seats. Alot of us have added trunks for more storage while touring.

And lastly welcome. U can experience more by joining Cog....$36...

What are the benefits of joining? I see rides but I’m a loner.
You can ride your own ride. You don't HAVE to ride in the group. You can zoom off ahead or trail behind. I have found being alone some times is not so good when something happens.

There are some discounts for COG members with several industry members, You get to use the vast library of C10 knowledge. You get a membership hand book which if your on the road and something happens you can call someone who knows the area for shops and such. There is a quarterly magazine, the Concourer. I can't put it down until it's read cover to cover.

There are a good group of Connie riders in Cal. It would be a shame to miss out on a bunch of fun with like thinking guys and gals. And you might just make a friend or two or three. No real EGO's get in the way cause everyone pretty much rides the same thing. Yet all are welcome Plus there is always good food and Connie worthy roads. Then if it's a rally, can't forget the door prizes. I've won a couple of items worth more than the dues.

And of course the dues will break the bank at almost 4 bucks a month.

Congrats on the bike by the way. C10's run forever.

I just picked up a 2000 Concours as my new larger second bike. I live in Central California. I’ve been on a 2002 KLR for a long time and wanted to be able to keep up with my friends on touring bikes.

When my neighbor finally put his up for sale (he’s 81 and bought it new) I had to get it. It’s pretty clean and has just about 20k miles now.

I cleaned the carbs witch had sad for several years idle. It runs pretty good now but has ancient tires (18 years old).

I got such a good deal on it, my wife says I can put some money in the bike if I want to.

Suggestions? Thank you in advance.
I had a 1999 C10 as my first sport tourer reliable as anything. A bit on the hot side in stop and go but loved the sound of the valves a pipes. Found Metzlers worked well keep on top of tire pressures especially the front. A rifle windscreen tall is a good investment. I just used a deemed in the original and cut it down for warm weather. A good tank bag and a good mechanical throttle lock and then just ride it for a few months. I had the original seat redone as I found it a bit soft.

If you have the bucks buy a Corbin but I found putting in decent foam was just fine.
Upgrade to lamps to something a bit brighter.
I’m just bought a used c 14 and as I’m tall it fits me better. I would never have sold the c10 if I had room for another line in my garage.
Ride safe.
Steve. British Columbia.