• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Concours repair locations Tampa, FL

Not that it matters, c10 is actually 998cc while the c14 is 1398... they didnt make an 1100.

Any kawasaki dealer will be able to assist you. What year bike and what needs repair?

Not that it matters, c10 is actually 998cc while the c14 is 1398... they didnt make an 1100.

Any kawasaki dealer will be able to assist you. What year bike and what needs repair?
Konehead is checking to see if anyone is alive.. C10 is 997CC and C14 is 1352CC.

My experience with shops hasn't been pleasing. They have no interest in working on old bikes. When I did find an independent shop that agreed to work on it, they screwed the job up badly (head gasket and base gasket GS1100) 3 times. I didn't think I could do any worse than they did, so I gave it a shot and fixed it myself. It still runs like a champ.

My experience with shops hasn't been pleasing. They have no interest in working on old bikes. When I did find an independent shop that agreed to work on it, they screwed the job up badly (head gasket and base gasket GS1100) 3 times. I didn't think I could do any worse than they did, so I gave it a shot and fixed it myself. It still runs like a champ.
Wow!!! that is disappointing. I definitely don't want that experience.

With an older bike you have to expect to do most of the work yourself. No computer to plug in to tell the technician what is wrong with it. Almost anything that can be done on a C-10 has been done here. Ask and you will get answers and help with what needs to be done. Many have replaced their C-10 with the C-14 but the knowledge and bikes are still around. Taking it to a shop can quickly exceed the book value of the bike. They have to be a labor of love.

Caught me....lol..

So hunter, like jpd hinted at, tell us whats wrong and im certain we'll have someone chime in with how they fixed the exact same thing.

If ur looking for just the routine servicing we can tell you how we did it, and any little secrets to make it easier.

When I had a C-10, I initially didn’t want to mess with it either so I took it to a dealer for a valve adjustment. It went great until it didn’t. It was blowing oil out from under the valve cover when I got it back. Sheesh. I figured I could screw it up for nearly free. I got a Clymers manual, joined COG and got on it. You’re local AAD is Phil Ilingworth who lives in St. Petersburg, so he might “know a guy.” But if I can work on these, anyone can.😉
Good luck Tony.