• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Concours serial number records

Tour1

Years ago when I joined or soon after I recall entering my C10's VIN / serial number.
At least once I looked it up on the forum because the dealer wanted an exact match before selling me a part.
I don't own that bike any more, it's gone on to a new adventure.
What happened to the serial number list?
If it still exists, can I and should I delete my number from it?
If I were to go shopping for a bike could I check VINs to see what their history is?
I know CarFax has that service for cars with some connection to dealers and repair shops.
No need to duplicate effort or further burden our volunteers, just asking.

In the olden days, I recall seeing a field for the VIN in the membership records. I believe it was to track all the C10s that were still out sporting around. I never entered mine.

Yes back in 06 or 7 when I joined the club there was a spot on the profile, I think, where
you could enter a vin #.

it was optional back when we used memberize, to my knowledge nothing was ever done with it.